This thread is for any comments, questions, or experiences with Lazer Sharp Hooks - Page 2
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    gotta love a perfect corner of the mouth using a 6/0 trokar circle hook13240704_10206567936541311_1405797769907409545_n.jpg

i am against eagle claw lazor sharp circle hooks, they have a sharp point but wont keep it. i opt for mustad circle hooks instead. 1/0 to 3/0 for trout, red fish, catfish, and croaker,4/0 for benito,5/0 and above for deeper sea fishing.

I went deep sea fishing this weekend and I still find my first post true. I caught 4 trigger fish and a vermillion snapper with 1 5/0 mustad circle hook. my friend used a 5/0 eagle claw circle hook and caught a 30 pound amberjack, and he lost a lot of fish, and besides the amberjack he caught only remora.my friend was a lot more experienced with deep sea fishing yet I caught more fish (he had the exact same rig as me, except for the hook, we both using the same rod and reel combo, the open faced penn warfare).we were on the same boat for goodness sake. coincidence? I think not, please take this to heart.

i have another reason why mustad is better than eagle claw. i was once fishing with a pretty new eagle claw 3/0 circle hook, and as i was unhooking a hard head it BROKE. not bent, BROKE CLEAN. i then switched to a mustad 3/0 non offset circle hook, and had nata problem after that, and had a perfect hook up ratio. also, eagle claw hooks rust EASY, but ive NEVER seen a rusted mustad. EVER. this is no B.S, im not working for mustad or any thing, though the discount would be awsome ...

i have another reason why mustad is better than eagle claw. i was once fishing with a pretty new eagle claw 3/0 circle hook, and as i was unhooking a hard head it BROKE. not bent, BROKE CLEAN. i then switched to a mustad 3/0 non offset circle hook, and had nata problem after that, and had a perfect hook up ratio. also, eagle claw hooks rust EASY, but ive NEVER seen a rusted mustad. EVER. this is no B.S, im not working for mustad or any thing, though the discount would be awesome ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12