Passing in the right lane... - Page 11

Florida Sportsman

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptTater View Post
    You are clueless, in denial or a hypocrite or more than one. When you make others around you waste gas because of your driving and biking habits it's a net increase in emissions and waste. Like it or not that true.
    How would me coasting cause the idiots to waste gas?

I have had a manual tranny for 25 years. I always coast into red light, why the f would you not. My wife drives right up to the light then stands on the brakes. I think she is in need of her 3rd brake job on her car since my car had one, and mine is still 2 years away.

I still laugh at you guys and your "out of staters are the problem" Florida is by far the most idiot driver state I have ever put more than a 100k miles in, and I am not talking about blue-hairs, they are the same everywhere. I am talking normal, florida plated, young and middle aged drivers. I think I saw one bad accident in 7 years of commuting 55 miles each way through Chicago and in less then a year commuting 20 miles down 19 I saw at least 50 accidents most with the white sheet covering a fatality. Miami wasn't much better. Out of the 12 or 13 states I have driven often, Florida is the worst by far.

I usually drive in the middle lane(assuming 3 lanes) if someone is coming up on me in the middle lane and I have space I move over. I am never in the left lane except to pass, or stop and go traffic. I just follow the lane laws even though they are not enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptTater View Post
    biking habits
    I'm with cyclist. I have no idea what you are talking about. Are you getting this thread mixed up with another?

The bottom line is, if you have to break for someone who is only letting up off of the gas then you are following too close.

Blaming someone else for that is idiotic.

Banned
    K
    Quote Originally Posted by mjn View Post
    I have had a manual tranny for 25 years. I always coast into red light, why the f would you not. My wife drives right up to the light then stands on the brakes. I think she is in need of her 3rd brake job on her car since my car had one, and mine is still 2 years away.

I still laugh at you guys and your "out of staters are the problem" Florida is by far the most idiot driver state I have ever put more than a 100k miles in, and I am not talking about blue-hairs, they are the same everywhere. I am talking normal, florida plated, young and middle aged drivers. I think I saw one bad accident in 7 years of commuting 55 miles each way through Chicago and in less then a year commuting 20 miles down 19 I saw at least 50 accidents most with the white sheet covering a fatality. Miami wasn't much better. Out of the 12 or 13 states I have driven often, Florida is the worst by far.

I usually drive in the middle lane(assuming 3 lanes) if someone is coming up on me in the middle lane and I have space I move over. I am never in the left lane except to pass, or stop and go traffic. I just follow the lane laws even though they are not enforced.
    It's a spatial awareness issue. But I agree worst drivers are young and from Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by mjn View Post

You're spot on.

The only drivers I noticed that were worse than Floridians were Ohians in a snow storm. They'd be everywhere but on the road.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln

I drove pretty good for a teenager in Ohio. Totaled out one VW, and dented up what use to be a nice Buick Electra 225. Multiple speeding tickets to the point of almost getting my license revoked... but I was delivering pizza. Never wrecked in the snow.

like any people from Florida are actually from Florida (even with tags)...you have to cross into Georgia to get out of New York.
    Some people are like a slinky, not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.

[QUOTE=mjn;1249377]I have had a manual tranny for 25 years.
    QUOTE]

I'm not going to pass judgement.

I pass when and where I can, as long as its safe. My non-discrimination of left or right passing lanes is sadly a necessity in FL since we all know 99% of the drivers in FL pay zero attention to FL driving laws anyway. Even concepts as simple as "Yield" are completely lost on 99% of the general populace.

But I darn sure love the weather down here, so I put up with it. Screw around puttering down the HWY in the left or middle lane, and I will gladly pass you on the right if its the only option. Chances are I will shake my head at you when I do, lamenting your stupidity.

And to those of you who are just a "shell of man" and have to do things like try and demonstrate your power by slowing other drivers down.... You should have been a LEO. But you didn't. And we all know why = because you are a nancy who's wife really calls the shots, and you probably secretly watch shows like GLEE hidden in your closet sucking your thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakzach View Post
    And to those of you who are just a "shell of man" and have to do things like try and demonstrate your power by slowing other drivers down.... You should have been a LEO. But you didn't. And we all know why = because you are a nancy who's wife really calls the shots, and you probably secretly watch shows like GLEE hidden in your closet sucking your thumb.
    Quit beating around the bush. What's your point?

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast