Cape Coral / Ft. Myers

Florida Sportsman

Cape Coral / Ft. Myers

I will be in this area next weekend for a wedding, and will have time during the day to do some light inshore fishing. I planned on hitting some bridges/boat ramps and fishing with typical mirrodines and some gulp! shrimp.

Maybe bring a cast net and see if I could net some bait to then fish livies, thoughts?

i'm not looking for spots or numbers, just hoping to be put in the right direction. Considering I'll be there for a wedding I would be JUST FINE catching a few jacks in the afternoon, at least something to put a bend in the rod!

Thanks all, and tight lines!
    FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>----->

2013 Hobie Outback

www.Extremekayakfishing.com

2013 Florida Sportsman College Football Bowl Pick 'em challenge CHAMPION!

There are some flats on the left side of the road as youre heading to sanibel island that you could wade fish. The pier at the cape yacht club is usually good for snook.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you seeing red! I don't think I'm going to make my way over to Sannibel but I know the bridge area quite well.

I was thinking more so the hwy 41 bridge that connects Ft Myers to Cape Coral? I saw the yacht club pier on google maps and will check that out for sure.

The wedding is at the colonial country club in Ft. Myers and we are staying very close to that location, looking for something within 20-30 minute drive.

ANY advice is appreciated. I was going to bring just two rods, one with a jighead for soft plastics (CALs and Gulp! shrimp bounced on the bottom) and another rod rigged for live bait should I find any mullet to try and net.
    FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>----->

2013 Hobie Outback

www.Extremekayakfishing.com

2013 Florida Sportsman College Football Bowl Pick 'em challenge CHAMPION!

I've seen some big snook by that pier.There's not a lot of places to wade by the bridge you mention,Sanibel is great for wading...caught some nice fluke off the Lighthouse beach.