On Middle-Class Jobs Obama Needs To Face 'Reality': Economists

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

On Middle-Class Jobs Obama Needs To Face 'Reality': Economists

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2664882.html

But many economists say the White House's focus skips over a stark reality: Most of the jobs that became part of the American economy in recent decades pay too little to support a middle-class family.

Despite four years of Obama policies aimed at altering this fact, most of the jobs created on his watch can still best be described as low-wage.

ďThe reality is most of our job growth isnít going to be in manufacturing, itís going to be in the services industry," Chris Owens, the executive director of the National Employment Law Project told The Huffington Post. "We need to enable those people to get a foothold into middle class.Ē

A middle-class job is one that pays between $13.84 and $21.13 per hour -- or between $28,787 and $43,950 per year -- and enables a family to afford the trappings of a middle-class lifestyle like a house, car and college education for their kids, according to NELP. Since the beginning of the economic recovery, 60 percent of the jobs created have fallen short of that standard.
    "Obama hands out $5M a day like it's pocket change. He doesn't need the Donald's money to be generous, he has yours." -Mister-Jr

It may be time to redefine middle-class.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister-Jr View Post
    It may be time to redefine middle-class.
    Ah, the liberal way, cant meet the gaol, move the goalpost. Its working so well with education.
    "Obama hands out $5M a day like it's pocket change. He doesn't need the Donald's money to be generous, he has yours." -Mister-Jr

So the take-away is BHO has done exactly want he wanted to accomplish, create a subservient lower class dependent on government handouts.
    "I'm not a physicist." ~ ac2020

"It's a shame PACs cannot simply lie and get away with it." ~ SWFL

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterEngineer View Post
    So the take-away is BHO has done exactly want he wanted to accomplish, create a subservient lower class dependent on government handouts.
    Apparently that was the change liberals wanted, twice.

Until Americans refuse to tolerate a CEO making 10K times more than the lowest paid worker this will continue to be the case. Along with the GOP subjecting Americans to a Poverty level minimum wage and rewarding companies that ship jobs overseas.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaat's the reason.
    "I'm not a physicist." ~ ac2020

"It's a shame PACs cannot simply lie and get away with it." ~ SWFL

Quote Originally Posted by WaterEngineer View Post
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaat's the reason.
    Tell us WE, what exactly has changed since the 50's where a single bread winner could support his/her family to today?

Quote Originally Posted by SWFL_F1sh0n View Post
    Until Americans refuse to tolerate a CEO making 10K times more than the lowest paid worker this will continue to be the case. Along with the GOP subjecting Americans to a Poverty level minimum wage and rewarding companies that ship jobs overseas.
    I was going to comment on this one but I don't know where to start. Did you eat paste as a kid?
    Old School Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Finfinder View Post
    I was going to comment on this one but I don't know where to start. Did you eat paste as a kid?
    Did you just realize that you and your ilk are the problem?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast