older Penn

Florida Sportsman

Thread: older Penn

older Penn

I have an older Penn reel that was given to me. The side plate indicates no.155. This reel, despite its age, is in right out of the box condition. Was wondering which years this model was made in? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pocket change View Post
    I have an older Penn reel that was given to me. The side plate indicates no.155. This reel, despite its age, is in right out of the box condition. Was wondering which years this model was made in? Thanks
    pocket change,

The 155 was first made in 1939, and was dis-continued in year 2000. If you post pictures it may help narrow the down the decade.

tony

Thanks Tony
    hope these pics work

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-11_12-14-04_103.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	71966Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-11_12-14-26_507.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	71967

I had that reel back in the early 70's. Great surf reel. I would guess 1970-1975. What do I win?

pocketchange,

Our guess is early 60's. We still have parts available to service 155 reels, if you are interested in getting the reel cleaned and serviced let us know

tony

Quote Originally Posted by pocket change View Post
    Right out of the box condition ??? Really ??? Sorry, but if you sold me that reel as 10/10 'out of the box' condition I would be looking for a refund...
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' / 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons or Limits

Tony
    Thanks for your time and info..

reel stamas
    Never once did I mention this reel is or was up for sale. Out of the box to me on this reel is based on how well the mechanics are functioning. That is all in the opinion of who is holding the reel. At one time I visited this forum, reading and gathering different ideas. I just come on here and ask one question and BAM, get hammered bout my opinion. Quess thats the reason for my thoughts the other day when I visited the panhandle section and saw a post about where did all the people that posted on here go.