Florida Southern to address feral cat population with 'cafes' - Page 15

Florida Sportsman

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Senior Member Mackeral Snatcher's Avatar
    Actually cats aren't stupid.
    Dogs have owners.
    Cats have servants.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.

Quote Originally Posted by Calusa View Post
    Because they don't hurt anyone. They don't attack humans. In fact they shy away from humans. Unlike dogs, and other humans ......
    Like the wild house cat, the burmese python won't have anything to do with humans. The recent "hunt" in the glades is proof of their shyness. However, what the cat and python have in common is their existence and proliferation in the wild comes at the expense of indigenous species.

So, in the name of native species protection our government opens a hunting season on the python and turns a blind eye to a state funded institution that allows the construction of "cafe's" for wild house cats. Hypocrisy.
    Member #813

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by loose_cannon View Post
    However, what the cat and python have in common is their existence and proliferation in the wild comes at the expense of indigenous species.

So, in the name of native species protection our government opens a hunting season on the python and turns a blind eye to a state funded institution that allows the construction of "cafe's" for wild house cats. Hypocrisy.
    Yeah I hear ya - how could they have missed the common cow, which roams millions of acres of Florida's land where there was once probably an unknown number of native species that used to thrive there, maybe some now extinct? Get out the machine guns and kill them too!

Yeah I hear ya - how could they have missed the common cow, which roams millions of acres of Florida's land where there was once probably an unknown number of native species that used to thrive there, maybe some now extinct? Get out the machine guns and kill them too!
    Geezus - talk about a weak argument. Corn farming and tree farming are worse - do you wipe your butt with toilet paper or eat Calusa?

So, is it legal to shoot them? Or trap and shoot? I have about 500 gazillion at my warehouse downtown that need killing...

Quote Originally Posted by BigGatorChomp View Post
    So, is it legal to shoot them? Or trap and shoot? I have about 500 gazillion at my warehouse downtown that need killing...
    The State has no problem with humane euthanasia. Check your local ordinances though. Ultimately, it up to the local guys.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Dog View Post
    Geezus - talk about a weak argument. Corn farming and tree farming are worse - do you wipe your butt with toilet paper or eat Calusa?
    Hey, you are one who brought the "don't mess with my strawberries" defense into this thread. Just where are you going to draw the line at offensive, non-native species taking over the land and driving away the natives? Cows and hogs have taken away much more than freaking domestic cats. WTF dude?

Quote Originally Posted by BigGatorChomp View Post
    Hey, I'm here for ya! Sometimes I need an outlet like this. It keeps me from killin' people.
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned bobcat!

Quote Originally Posted by rrbgtt View Post
    Hey, I'm here for ya! Sometimes I need an outlet like this. It keeps me from killin' people.
    Sounds like we need to set up a blind at the corner of Tropic and Deleon..... As a bonus you can shoot the pimps, thugs and drug pushers as well....

Hey, you are one who brought the "don't mess with my strawberries" defense into this thread. Just where are you going to draw the line at offensive, non-native species taking over the land and driving away the natives? Cows and hogs have taken away much more than freaking domestic cats. WTF dude?
    Funny I don't see anyone here defending hogs. They are an invasive pest just like cats. Cattle ranchers out west are utilizing a public resource just like miners and loggers. Feral cats serve absolutely no purpose other than to give people like you something to whine about AND they destroy wildlife. Again, show me a decent argument as to why they should be preserved and I will consider it.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast