First Fish on the New Boat!! SI 2/6/13 - Page 2

Florida Sportsman

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Nothing like breaking in the new boat the right way. She will always be lucky since the wife got the first fish aboard.

Nothing like a new boat !

General Fishing Administrator Docked Wages's Avatar
    Great work Ryan, that was a long video which only means that your wife earned that fish.
    Mark Wilson
    General Fishing Forum Administrator

Thanks everybody.... I love this Triton!! I have taken it out a couple of times now and it is just a cadillac. She handles 2-3' stuff like it's not even there. Wouldn't want to get caught in anything too snotty because it is a really heavy boat that is close to the water, but because of the large flare it rises really well with larger waves keeping the inside dry! Makes me wonder why I didn't get one before(oh yeah, that's right, because a new one is $70k)

Mark, sorry I didn't get with you during your time off. I had so much going on that I didn't even toss a line for almost 2 weeks. I have some time over the next couple of months so if you want to come down, or if you have an open spot then let me know.

Hookupandgo.....I sure hope so. The boat I'm selling was a real fish catcher, so I hope the new one does her share as well. You're right though...not much better ju-ju than having the wife catch the first fish on the boat AND having it be a quality fish at that. Here's hoping it continues
    Last edited by Final Point; 02-12-2013 at 12:13 AM.
    Final Point Charters

Specializing in Inlet/Nearshore trips in the Sebastian Inlet area
    Come fish the World Famous Sebastian Inlet and see what all the hype is about!
    Check out our website for rates and booking information.
    772-584-1239

Senior Member Capt George Gozdz's Avatar
    I shared your story of getting your new boat with Triton founder Earl Bentz at dinner last night. It was rewarding to let him know that you purchased a LTS after riding in our Reel Time FS Triton.

Capt. George Gozdz
    Host "Reel Time with Florida Sportsman"
    www.floridasportsman.com/rtfs

Flatlined Charters
    www.flatlinedcharters.com

Hey George. Yeah, I had been in the market for a new boat but had never really thought about the Tritons. I had never ridden in one and knew nobody who had one. After riding in the RTFS boat I was a believer. The Triton quickly went to the top of my list. I searched the country for almost 6 months before I finally found this one. And let me tell you, I love it!! I am tweaking a few things to make it better for my kind of fishing, but it is so far and above my old boat it's not even funny. The first day I took it out on the IRL it was blowing from the N at 15-20 and the river was 2-2.5 whitecaps. I got her up to a little over 50 and it was so smooth it was like sitting in front of the TV in a LazyBoy. Took her out to the inlet and she went right through those 4' standers at the mouth. Very impressive. Next time you talk to him tell Earl thank you for building a quality boat!!
    Final Point Charters

772-584-1239

Senior Member Pescatoral Pursuit's Avatar
    Great smile, beautiful wife, beautiful fish, but no pics of the new boat? C'mon!
    He hath shewed thee, O man, What is good, and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God.
    Micah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Pescatoral Pursuit View Post
    Great smile, beautiful wife, beautiful fish, but no pics of the new boat? C'mon!
    Ok, here you go. I have some others but this one my wife took and I think it makes the boat look really good.

Final Point Charters

772-584-1239

Nice boat Ryan! Congrats.

Senior Member Pescatoral Pursuit's Avatar
    Tell that ugly guy to get out of the way. He's blocking the view.

jk. Very sleek.
    He hath shewed thee, O man, What is good, and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God.
    Micah 6:8

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast