A decent trip

Florida Sportsman

Thread: A decent trip

A decent trip

Well, I can say that Feb 27 is my first "slam" of the 2013 season. As you can tell by some other guys recent posts...it has been a bit of a struggle around Sebastian if you fish artis and want something other than Blues and Macs at the inlet...or jacks and ladys.
    I headed out today and the first spot is 3 Jacks (yea ) Run to spot #2 and 2 Ladys....looking like it's going to be a run to the inlet for blues and Macs day...but I decide to go hit a few shoal spots since the river has come up a bit.
    The first spot looks promising with some scattered bait....on a shallow point I hit my first Red of about 20 inches....and continue along a mangrove shoreline and land two more bottom slot Reds and miss the hookset on another. I'm feeling pretty good about the day and run to one more spot...again shoal ...with some scattered bait but I get in and bump out two small trout. I keep going and catch a tiny little 10 inch Snook! I was actually glad to catch it since I have seen few baby's since the big freeze killed all those backcountry fish.
    I was now thinking " Man, If I had caught one of those dink trout..I'd have my first slam of the year" I keep going and about 75 yards down I watch something big push off....Fired off a couple casts but no good. I keep throwing and three or four casts later the jig is bumped....and I'm on a nice fish. It winds up being a pretty 25" Trout. I get her released quickly and it hits me that...I have a slam. I keep going and on the opposite shoreline I pull ANOTHER nice 23" trout from under the mangroves. After being in a funk over the seasgrass situation down this way...I was really happy to wind it up with 11 fish. All caught on a white DOA cal with 1/8th oz Strike King saltwater head in silver.I fished from 6:45 till the North wind picked up at 9...back on the trailer at 9:30...
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you

Good deal !

Congrats on the slam, way to persevere

Way to go JR!!!! Great morning.

That was a awesome morning of fishing Joe

Nice!

Thanks for the detailed report…
    I’d say it is about time for some grass flats fishing in Ft. Pierce.

Nice going Joe. It's going to take you a little bit to get the pattern dialed in the way you had it before duck season rolled around. Give me a shout one day when you're solo
    Final Point Charters

Specializing in Inlet/Nearshore trips in the Sebastian Inlet area
    Come fish the World Famous Sebastian Inlet and see what all the hype is about!
    Check out our website for rates and booking information.
    772-584-1239