Using long leaders (how to reel them?) - Page 3

Florida Sportsman

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Fi$h2nguyen View Post
    Cool, easy to do. But help me understand when this would be used over a uni to uni (what I use now for basically everything and hasn't failed me yet). Is this spider to bristol stronger because you have the double line? With this knot in the video, there will be two separate knots passing through your guides, potentially reducing casting distance whereas uni to uni only has one combined knot. Just trying to get an idea when I may want to use this new knot.
    The double line is used to increase knot strength and serve as a stronger leader. I only use it for lines 12 lbs or greater otherwise I use the uni to uni.

You can use the Bimini twist knot too for the double line but what a pain to tie!!!

The knots aren't really that bad going through the guides unless your using rods with small guides.
    "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by King_Me View Post
    The double line is used to increase knot strength and serve as a stronger leader. I only use it for lines 12 lbs or greater otherwise I use the uni to uni.

You can use the Bimini twist knot too for the double line but what a pain to tie!!!

The knots aren't really that bad going through the guides unless your using rods with small guides.
    Thanks.

Bimini's are painful on a rocking boat, but that spider hitch for double line was pretty easy.

If you're just talking about paddle trolling then use a rubberband or a small peice of rigging copper wire and attach it to your knot.
    Juzt wrap the wire a few times around the leader once you attach the weight.
    Once you get a decent hit the weight should break away.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________
    When I'm not Fishing...I'm Catching

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123