Signing day - Page 5

Florida Sportsman

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Signing day

Quote Originally Posted by Bib View Post
    I heard a blurb on the radio and catch the whole thing supposedly some kid flipped Bama to Florida? Anyone know who he was or what his stats are?
    DT, Jay-nard Bostwick. Not sure if he had committed to 'Bama, but was thought to be in their fold.

http://recruits.gatorsports.com/play...nard-bostwick/

Also, the JUCO Defensive Tackle from Miss., Jarran Reed. Not sure he had committed either.

'The second addition of the day was Jarran Reed, who is from the same junior college as UF defensive tackles Darious Cummings and Damien Jacobs.

But they weren't the people who led him to Gainesville.

“It came down to the coaches and where I felt more comfortable at,” said Reed, who chose Florida over Alabama. “They recruited me the longest and made me feel at home on my visit.”

"
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy." Tom Waits.

Hey Pea - Bama sure signed a great class but what are they going to do with 4 of the top 10 RBs in the nation. There's only 1 rock to carry and at least 2 of them will be left out.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Gator View Post
    Hey Pea - Bama sure signed a great class but what are they going to do with 4 of the top 10 RBs in the nation. There's only 1 rock to carry and at least 2 of them will be left out.
    Yep, but it keeps the other schools from getting them.

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield

Quote Originally Posted by TumbleweedTom View Post
    DT, Jay-nard Bostwick. Not sure if he had committed to 'Bama, but was thought to be in their fold.

http://recruits.gatorsports.com/play...nard-bostwick/

Also, the JUCO Defensive Tackle from Miss., Jarran Reed. Not sure he had committed either.

'The second addition of the day was Jarran Reed, who is from the same junior college as UF defensive tackles Darious Cummings and Damien Jacobs.

But they weren't the people who led him to Gainesville.

“It came down to the coaches and where I felt more comfortable at,” said Reed, who chose Florida over Alabama. “They recruited me the longest and made me feel at home on my visit.”

"

We were recruiting Jay-nard Bostwick at one time but when A'Shawn Robinson and Eddie Vanderdoes opened up their recruitment to us we went in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Gator View Post
    I have been asking myself the same question but we had several injuries at that position last year in Dee Hart and Jaston Folwer. Also, Eddie Lacy moved on to the NFL. Not sure if the other two will ever recover to 100%.

One of the four will be a slot receiver, Alvin Kamara. Saban said in his press conference yesterday when this was addressed that he prefers a three back rotation and looking back that is true. You guys who are not Bama fans probably never even heard of Eddie Lacy until last year but he was in a minor role in the rotation the year Mark Ingram won the Heisman. My guess next year we will see a three man rotation but until Jaston Fowler got hurt in the Michigan game we did have some plays in that game with a two back set. After his injury that went away. My guess is we may see a different backfield formation as well featuring two backs.

Read somewhere last night that Bama has got to "cut" I think it was 14 players to make room.

It was on one of the message boards so it could be complete bs but Pea, you hearing any numbers like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Yep, but it keeps the other schools from getting them.
    Until they transfer from lack of playing time... come on

Quote Originally Posted by DuPont View Post
    Until they transfer from lack of playing time... come on
    To a Div 2 school.

Quote Originally Posted by Seminoleken View Post
    Read somewhere last night that Bama has got to "cut" I think it was 14 players to make room.

It was on one of the message boards so it could be complete bs but Pea, you hearing any numbers like that?
    You don't have to "cut" anyone. Scholarships are one year renewable. Every scholarship has to be renewed by the schools each year. No player is given a 4 or 5 year scholarship.

Quote Originally Posted by Seminoleken View Post
    To a Div 2 school.
    They can transfer to a D1. They just can't play for a year.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast