Islamorada backcountry ***Lots of pics***

Florida Sportsman

Islamorada backcountry ***Lots of pics***

This cool weather is stirring things up a bit and the bite has been good-excellent, we had a few days in a row where we were catching 40-80 redfish in a day with some small snook and black drum mixed in, the permit showed up yesterday in a spot and we hooked 8 landing 1we fought 1 for an hour and lost her right next to the boat I estimate it at around 55#, but we will never really know ( but makes a good story), Mixed in with the permit in the area were Gag grouper, jewfish, and cobia...

We had a really windy day where we fished in florida bay with the bay boat, put the trolling motor down and beat the bushes with jigs and caught 9 reds to 30". the trout bite seems to be picking up in the snake bite area and in the little channels around flamingo, we actually caught a limit yesterday of fish in the 18-19" range ( they have been small for me as of late).

Got to actually do some fishing myself in the 2013 Swamp guides Ball on saturday, with i think around 40 boats participating the weather was nice for a change, I fished with my buddy Capt Jimmy Dylrymple, and we tried to catch as many reds as we could, so in typical Brian fashion I went too far and had to wait on a tide and between 1-3pm caught 40 or so with 15 of them making the 20" stick for the tourny, we caught plenty of snook but only needed 1 for the tourny and she was a pig!!

congrats to Capt Robert Klien, Capt Frank Ortiz, and Capt Robert Collins for their 1,2,3 place in the SGB.... I had a blast geting to fish, and caint wait till next years event!!!

tight lines

Last edited by action88; 02-04-2013 at 05:55 PM.

You are on them for sure, great catches. Permit on a wreck? Cool pic of the croc too.

Well Done Capt!

Rob
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.

Looks like a fun day with lots of variety. And seeing a croc is always cool too.

I would like to catch a few of those "small" snook like the one in the 1st picture. Thanks for report and pictures.

to many smiles for fishin pics dude................looks like your on the meat......................as always

All great fish... Too bad you still can't keep a Snook... Man...
    Thanks,
    LastMango

Senior Member Capt George Gozdz's Avatar
    Pink socks? Strong work!

Capt. George Gozdz
    Host "Reel Time with Florida Sportsman"
    www.floridasportsman.com/rtfs

Flatlined Charters
    www.flatlinedcharters.com