Universal Background check - Page 2

Florida Sportsman

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Stop the war on drugs and spend the money and police power in enforcing current gun laws and universal checks and go from there.

Bet that would make a huge difference in gun crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclist View Post
    Stop the war on drugs and spend the money and police power in enforcing current gun laws and universal checks and go from there.

Bet that would make a huge difference in gun crimes.
    Have you written to Obama? He's lied about his promise on not spending federal money on the war on drugs but is closing medical pot shops down at the speed of light, you know?
    "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."
    "An it harm none, do as ye will."
    "The mind is everything. What you think you become."

Quote Originally Posted by CaptTater View Post
    Why are liberals against National IDs? Or checking ID for voting?
    The feds don't need to know when I want to buy something. And they certainly don't need to turn it over to the UN.
    The first two are VERY excellent questions...very!
    Overall an A+ post.
    "The Chief Executive is acting as an Imperial President, without regard to his citizens, only caring about his agenda."

Quote Originally Posted by CaptTater View Post
    Why are liberals against National IDs? Or checking ID for voting?
    I'm ok with a background check performed by the state against a federal database IF no record of the check is kept by the feds. The feds don't need to know when I want to buy something. And they certainly don't need to turn it over to the UN.
    This. You can vote with anything with a name on it.
    I have a major problem with what is done with information from background checks. I try to buy my guns from private parties for this reason. Nobody, including big brother, needs to know what I have.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Quote Originally Posted by RStyle View Post
    Why are we willing and comfortable waiting for our new camera or computer 7 days by mail but not 7 days for a hand gun permit
    I am not. If I have to wait 7 days for anything I go somewhere else.
    I have a CCW, why should I have to wait?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

What we need is a national photo ID card. This will include criminal history, medical history and immagration status all in one. Not only will this only allow a gun dealer to know whether they are eligible to purchase a firearm but also can be used as a voter ID card.

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Nobody, including big brother, needs to know what I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    It all depend on where I am in the house when someone breaks in. It even depends on what side of the bed I am sleeping on. One side shotgun, other side 5.56 or .45.

"If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Pidaso View Post
    What we need is a national photo ID card. This will include criminal history, medical history and immagration status all in one. Not only will this only allow a gun dealer to know whether they are eligible to purchase a firearm but also can be used as a voter ID card.
    Might as well put every ones social security number on their forearm as well.
    With a bar code so we can be categorized faster.

Explain to me why the UN should be made aware of my personal legal products shopping habits again? It pisses me off to no end that I get treated like a meth lab tech just because sudafed works better than anything else to clear my sinuses.

Peter, your reaction is precisely why many object. Your opinion is potentially detrimental to my exercise of the 2A.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Mucky View Post
    The first two are VERY excellent questions...very!
    Overall an A+ post.
    No, it's a stupid post and predicated on fabrications.
    Historically, Conservatives are against national IDs. And liberals are not against checking IDs for voting.
    Now you can do a Toogle and find an example of where some inner city Jesse Jacksonesque character is against ID checks so he can run his ghetto thru the booths two or three times... but that is not an example of liberals any more so than the Westboro Baptist Church is of conservatives.

Cyclist asked to very excellent questions.
    Maybe stick to those on this thread.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast