Universal Background check

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Universal Background check

Why is the NRA against it?

Sure makes sense to me and most.

Is the NRA anything more than a marketing firm for arms manufacturers?

They sure do hunters no good by advocating conservative politicians that never vote for land conservation.

Sounds ok if we set Florida as the national standard.

Quote Originally Posted by gandrfab View Post
    Sounds ok if we set Florida as the national standard.
    Aw crap, I agree w/Gandy

But I'll take Tejas as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclist View Post

They sure do hunters no good by advocating conservative politicians that never vote for land conservation.
    Why are liberals against National IDs? Or checking ID for voting?
    I'm ok with a background check performed by the state against a federal database IF no record of the check is kept by the feds. The feds don't need to know when I want to buy something. And they certainly don't need to turn it over to the UN.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government. "

Quote Originally Posted by CaptTater View Post
    Why are liberals against National IDs? Or checking ID for voting?
    I'm ok with a background check performed by the state against a federal database IF no record of the check is kept by the feds. The feds don't need to know when I want to buy something. And they certainly don't need to turn it over to the UN.
    Paranoia. You are not fit to own a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclist View Post

They are simply railing against any and all types of new anti or somewhat anti gun legislation knowing that if they push for nothing, hopefully the most that will pass will be minor. The sad fact is that extreme special interest groups like the NRA are necessary to fend off the equally opposite groups of extremists like the anti gun crowd. If it weren't for the NRA and their firm stances, we would have guys like you enforcing all sorts of extremist anti gun legislation without any strong and well organized opposition.
    It's unfortunate and disturbing that we need extremist groups to protect our rights from our very own government.
    "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."
    "An it harm none, do as ye will."
    "The mind is everything. What you think you become."

According to a lady ex president of the NRA ( on a tv show last week ) it places undue burden on law abiding citizens. She said that there was no reason for people to have to wait 7-10 days for something they legally are allowed to have.

My problem is that she mentioned keeping guns away from mentally unstable people and bad people several times.............but how are we going to identify those people (or as many of those as possible) if there are no detailed background checks?
    Why are we willing and comfortable waiting for our new camera or computer 7 days by mail but not 7 days for a hand gun permit

Quote Originally Posted by RStyle View Post
    Why are we willing and comfortable waiting for our new camera or computer 7 days by mail but not 7 days for a hand gun permit
    You are correct, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by RStyle View Post
    According to a lady ex president of the NRA ( on a tv show last week ) it places undue burden on law abiding citizens. She said that there was no reason for people to have to wait 7-10 days for something they legally are allowed to have.

My problem is that she mentioned keeping guns away from mentally unstable people and bad people several times.............but how are we going to identify those people (or as many of those as possible) if there are no detailed background checks?
    7-10 days is what constitutes an undue burden these days?

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast