TLD 15 Bearings

Florida Sportsman

Thread: TLD 15 Bearings

TLD 15 Bearings

Bantam, I recently picked up a real clean older TLD 15 (Japanese model) and I need to replace the bearings. I generally purchase from Boca Bearings by mail but in their catalog, they show that the 1987-1998 models have different size bearings(2 only) than the 1998 -present models. Since this model is Japanese, is it safe to say that it is pre 1998? If not, how can I tell the year of manufacture for the reel?
    Thanks

There was a running change on the TLD15 models in 1999. There were TLD-15's made in Japan for several years after the running change. There is a silver decal with a letter code on the foot of the reel. Chances are it is long gone by now. This is the only way to determine when the reel was built. You would have to pull the bearings and measure them to see which bearings you need.

Quote Originally Posted by bantam1 View Post
    There was a running change on the TLD15 models in 1999. There were TLD-15's made in Japan for several years after the running change. There is a silver decal with a letter code on the foot of the reel. Chances are it is long gone by now. This is the only way to determine when the reel was built. You would have to pull the bearings and measure them to see which bearings you need.
    Will do, thanks for the quick reply.