WTB : inexpensive CCW

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WTB : inexpensive CCW

Just getting into shooting sports, and am going to take a CCW class in a week. I am looking for a good CCW weapon, inexpensive. Maybe a .380 or 9mm is what I am looking for, or maybe a small revolver.

I have tons of fishing equipment I can trade (Loomis mostly)

Thanks

Bump..
    Looking for something like a Ruger p95, Kel Tec P11/P9, Hi Point .380 or 9mm, good used S&W Revolver, or something like that. Inexpensive, small, carryable is key!

Just a word of advice...inexpensive and ccw probably shouldn't be used in the same sentence. You must not forget if this will be your everyday carry, your life or the life of a family member might be dependent on this firearm working properly.
    If I were you I would check into a Ruger LCP or LCR or something of the that sort. Not trying to high jack your post or be a jerk, but I am not willing to bet my life or the life of a loved one on a bargain firearm. Alot of good used revolvers out there, I carry an SP101 75% of the time, paid $400 for it used and it never misses a beat. Inexpensive autos are inexpensive for a reason, ie High Point.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by FLDXT View Post
    inexpensive and ccw probably shouldn't be used in the same sentence.
    i can foresee ftf and fte.

x2 on the SP101, I've had mine for 10 years and it's great.
    Eph. 3:20

Here's what I am thinking. I am a grad student, saving for a wedding, I am not rich. I would like to learn to shoot and earn a concealed weapons permit. I don't plant on carrying everywhere I go.
    When beginners ask me about fishing tackle, I try not to sound like I am talking down to them and I do not recommend st croix avid or g looms as a first rod to learn with. The job can be done with a ugly stick and there is no shame in buying one. not saying you were, but to me, it came off that way. It's no worry though,I understand your point.

If I need my weapon, would it be better to have a hi point 380 in my holster, or would it be better for me a month before saying I am better off with nothing and learning when I can afford a 800 dollar pistol, relying on my constant charm to protect my family?

I would like to get a used or new pistol to learn with and for protection until I can afford a better one. If any one can help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks.

I understand, one thing you will learn about firearms is they don't depreciate, except the cheap stuff. Stay away from HiPoint and the cheap autos, for 300-450 bucks you can get a good used revolver, ruger, SW, even Taurus is better then alot of the low end autos, revolvers almost always go boom, with no FTF or FTE issues.
    If you can't find anything on here might want to check:
    www.gunbroker.com
    www.FLguntrader.com
    Good luck

Anything that goes bang is better then nothing. The problem is everyone thinks their used gun is worth about $10 less then a new one. Go to a few gun stores including shoot straight, sometimes they have good sales, also check out pawn shops.

I was going to say, go to a range and rent a revolver and a semi-auto see what you like better. But that will cost you coin, say 6-12 bucks for range time then 20+ each for a box of ammo, 380 and 38 (9MM is hard to find), that's 40+ add gun rental (I have no clue) maybe 10-15 that's 30 and a $2-3 for targets. So between 70-100 for range, ammo and rental of 2 guns depending on where you go. I went last week $12 RT+ $24 ammo (380), $1.50 for a target, with tax it was over $40.

Ask at the shops, sometimes that have good deals on trade-ins.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

Go to the range and shoot everything you can a lot of the better ranges will let you try guns if you are a serious buyer (at least rent) ... You're ccw instructor (if he is a good one) should be able to walk you through
    all your questions and concerns. Me personally,I don't carry anything under a .40.

Its strange if hi point is so terrible why would they have a lifetime transferable no questions warranty?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast