Great Morning Bite Estero Bay 1\30\13

Florida Sportsman

Great Morning Bite Estero Bay 1\30\13

Went out Wensday morning with fellow member Dave O knowing the forecast was horrible , but we needed to wet some lines . The plan was to fish the morning out going tide while the winds were lite and find some clean water . Well that was actually very easy , the winds were some what light at 6:45 am and we spent no time taking advatage of it . We ran to our first spot , which remained our only spot tucked in close to the mangroves , the tide was heading out and we had great water clarity . We set up facing the current and the wind on our back and started pulling in Trout and Jacks one after the other , the Trout were feeding , eating every color plastic we thru at em , the Trout were between 15 to 18 inchers and fat .The tide started to slow and the Reds started comming out , small ones at first in the 20 inch range and then this 26 incher which inhaled my bait on my 6 lb , what a fighter
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0183.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	70286
    After she came abord around 9:30 , the wind really picked up , at least 25 mph is what we were guesing , the tide turned and so did the water , straight to mud . We fished for about another hour and called it quits after I lost a sweet Snook to complete my slam rite at the boat , oh well 6 lb test , that is why it is called fishing and you need a good excuse to go out there again . On the way back to the ramp we were greated to 2 to 3 footers in the bay , with straight SW 25 mph winds in our face , with a couple of 4 footers that came over the rails of my 21 foot skiff , made it back safely and said a big WTF with the weather , but still had a great time.
    Notes , the Red Tide is all over the front of the bay , with dead mullet and catfish all over the passes and beaches , we noitced no other species dead nor signs that anything else is being affected , and they are defintly feeding in the back .
    Hope Ya All are having the same luck out there , keep the lines tight ,
    J-Stick'um

Nice report!!!

www.Tri-TownConstruction.com

Let's turn this economy around! BUY AMERICAN!

Besides the wet boat ride back, sounds like a pretty good morning. Nice work.

Quality red and great report Jim. Hopefully this wind will lay down for this weekend

Good report Jim....nice red....what did he eat? Hopefully I'll be re-powered soon and we can get on 'em. Good work.