Mosquito Lagoon or NIRL question
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS

Mosquito Lagoon or NIRL question

Looking to fish the Mosquito Lagoon or NIRL next week and was wondering where would be the best spots to go this time of year that have been producing Reds. Was thinking KARS park or Eddy Creek but I'm definitely open to suggestions from the regulars up there. Please include any special details such as east bank off limits, etc. Thanks in advance. Dave
    Air Force Veteran 93'-00' ~621st TALCE~

2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12

KARS/NMZ is reported empty of fish by http://www.spottedtail.com/blog/ . I was out there the week after Christmas and it was the same. So I'd look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by davederb View Post
    Looking to fish the Mosquito Lagoon or NIRL next week and was wondering where would be the best spots to go this time of year that have been producing Reds. Was thinking KARS park or Eddy Creek but I'm definitely open to suggestions from the regulars up there. Please include any special details such as east bank off limits, etc. Thanks in advance. Dave

Thanks for the info. Nice site BTW. Good info. Glad to hear a capt be honest about not catching fish or having a hard time finding them.

2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12

What's up davederb? Why don't you gimme a buzz sometime tomorrow (407)-625-3367. There are a lot of great areas and pretty much all of them are holding fish.

The ML has been good lately but the fish have been very spooky. I would work Bio Lab or Beacon 42 before I went to the south end. I was out there last Friday and and saw well over 100 reds and some monster trout! I caught all of my fish on the Slayer Inc Lures SSB in Molting rigged weedless. Plus there have been a few Flounder in and around the sand holes!

Thanks for the info guys. Justin, great talking to you. Keep in touch and if you need a partner up in ML, drop me a PM!

2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12

next saturday (the 9th) is the kickoff for the KFC east coast tournament series on mosquito lagoon. there will be extra traffic at the ramps and on the water. the 'approved' launch sites for the tournament are the two biolab sites, eddy creek and beacon 42.

just a heads up.

cheers.
    drew
    Cathedra Mea, Regulae Meae.