5 year old hostage in Alabama - Page 2

Florida Sportsman

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Fishshrimpsnorkel's Avatar

Regional Administrator Triple Threat 33T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary S. Colecchio View Post

Teach Jetty Park to drive a bus?
    That and maybe remove all your firearms and have to pass a mandatory mental evaluation if you threaten someones life.
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."

Here's the problem, we'll take a situation like this and address everything but the real issue. We'll pass useless laws just to be able to say we did "something".
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."

"Claudia Davis said he yelled and fired shots at her, her son and her baby grandson over damage Dykes claimed their pickup truck did to a makeshift speed bump in the dirt road. No one was hurt."

Menacing? That's not menacing, that's attempted murder. He should have been in jail already.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple Threat 33T View Post
    I agree but it sounds like this was preventable.

How many times should someone have to threaten your child's life before something was done about it? Shouldn't there be immediate repercussions?
    Hindsight is always 20/20. I'm not in favor of making judgements after the fact on less than full knowledge (and we never get the full picture from the press).Almost everything is "preventable" as long as you view it after the fact. I'll leave the "armchair quarterbacking" to the politicians who use that kind of reasoning to push their often unrelated agenda.

Senior Member SouthFloridaAngler's Avatar
    Sounds like another paranoid, gun nut, dooms day, fruitcake. Where is coldair anyway?

I'm a little slow bud, help me out here, I don't see the connection. Other than maybe he was a lunatic too. Were their warning signs in that case?
    people that should not own firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister-Jr View Post
    people that should not own firearms.
    I agree 100%. If you show that you're mentally unstable or exhibit any signs whatsoever of being a nutcase, deny the ability to legally own a firearm. For starters.

Senior Member Gary S. Colecchio's Avatar
    I agree 100%. If you show that you're mentally unstable or exhibit any signs whatsoever of being a nutcase, deny the ability to legally own a firearm. For starters.
    OK, fine. I retract my earlier suggestion.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

Lets go, we could turn them in together.
    Someone will find something wrong with anyone. Including you big guy.

It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer it.~Thomas Sowell

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast