how do i fish a mirrorlure catch 2000

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

inshore lures????

Ive been searching endlessly on here for some good lures to use to catch reds,trout, anything i dont care what it is as long as its a fish inshore. Can anyone help me with some lure choices, and colors? i bought a mirrorlure neon yellow catch 2000 but im not sure exactly how im supposed to be fishing it, do i twitch it, reel it straight in? If you guys could just help me out with some lures that catch fish whether they are hard,soft,topwater,bottom bumpers, doesnt matter and perferably if you dont mind how do i fish them such as reeling in techniques. im young and trying to learn how to do it without anyone to teach me except for what i can learn from you guys. thanks by the way im fishing the inshore creeks up in jacksonville, but i figured location isnt all that big of a deal, so i put this in general fishing for more responses instead of ne east section. thanks guys tight lines

Mirrolure mirrodine and you will be on the trout and jacks all day long. It's a twitch bait so you pretty much use it exactly as it sounds twitch and reel
    References: triumphrick, 1love, MAVERICK16'10", Sails and Tails, Gatorman, Bottombouncer

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent710 View Post
    Mirrolure mirrodine and you will be on the trout and jacks all day long. It's a twitch bait so you pretty much use it exactly as it sounds twitch and reel
    any specific color?

whatever color. i try to go natural.
    "match the hatch" is the quote, try and match what you see, or think the fish are eating around you.
    but when it comes to mirrolures, its kind of whatever.

what i like to do is sit and look at the lure in front of me (in the water of course) cast and reel, watch it when it gets close, see what it does.
    how fast/slow it sinks, what it looks like if you just straight reel it, fast/slow, what it does after you give it a hard/soft twitch.
    one of the main things i do with most all lures, even jigs and stuff, is drop it in the water next to me, from up high (imitating a cast) and count how long it takes to sink. Mirrodines and stuff are about 1ft-2 seconds, give or take. so keep that in mind on the pause after you reel/twitch.
    get to know how all your lures work, and just mess with different ways of working it.

i like to cast those types out, let it sit a tad to sink a bit, give it a twitch/reel a bit, and pause it. count for a little, repeat.
    most times fish will hit them lures after you move it, while its sinking a bit, or right after the pause when you start moving again.
    twitches and pauses.
    TeamAWE SON!! Fishing
    @team_awe_son
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH2...F5Liyciz6BX0OA

Theres a few threads here about "one lure", ETC. YOU can play with the search function but that is a trial and error thing. As far as working the lure you choose, what superduper said is good info. Theres really no wrong way and its good to be able to switch up the retrieve. Fast, slow, hard, vertical, pause, dbl twitch, single twitch, try it all.Try to make your bait mimic what the real fish are doing. If you want to mimic an injured fish, twitch and pause. Straight reeling can make it look like its just swimming along. I like to practice in the in-laws pool, lol. I can see the bait the whole time. Also, your gear is going to make a difference. A twitch on one rod might be perfect while on another rod that same twitch will pull the bait out of the strike zone.

I haven't had great luck with the 2000. The Mirrodine is a beast, Mirromullet, and Mirrolure Lil John.

I use the mirror lure black top silver bottom and kill with it. So mirrormullets are worth the money? Ive seen them and the price didnt know if they were worth it

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Mirromullet xl is a good topwater bait ,no rattle though.

I hardly ever fish a catch 2000, mainly because I always have a mirrodine tied on.

I use catch 2000 , it swim subsurface but not too deep. little twitch is great....

Catch 2000 and Catch Jr. in glow. Slow interrupted retrieve.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast