Thief in New River & Riverland area (Ft Laud)
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE

Thief in New River & Riverland area (Ft Laud)

My buddy's friend lives off Riverland Road in Ft Laud. Caught a guy in the middle of stealing his outriggers off his boat, which was parked in the driveway out front along with his vehicles. (Thief obviously knew someone was home - ballsy)

He heard a noise and went outside. He was standing by the transom of his boat looking around and I guess the thief was crouching up by the bow hiding. He never noticed him till he jumped off the bow and took off down the street. Unfortunately he got away, thankfully empty handed.

He already had his riggers off and laying on the ground and I guess was working on getting the mounts off.

Yall in that area might wanna keep your eyes and ears open.

wow, that's alot of risk for something that is relatively inexpensive and bulky to walk away with

Risky and bulky for sure!

Relatively inexpensive..is well, relative!

$1500 for taco riggers and mounts (new)....

check your PM homie

$1500 is a pretty cheap prize compared to some live rounds popping over your head by any standard . These were amatures.
    Catch 'em up!

Nick

Do you have a description of the Guy?

Night Hawk Monitoring

Aghhhh...A nice pump of the shotgun and a Don't A $ucking Move....Boom!!!!!

Glad I moved out of Riverland! Had 2 thefts in the short time I was there and a few avoided ones.

we had some sketchy little thugs come down the canal at about 2 am.. small skiff, 3 kids/ young men no lights at all.. our black lab was not doing good and I was sitting out on the dock. scared the holy crap out of them just by asking them what the 'F' they were doing .. they hauled *** real quick for like a 4hp engine..

not long ago thieves hit the 13th and 15th street area by the yacht club up again and stole a garmin unit out of a 30' cc boat.. you equal that as about $5k to replace the larger screens.. but I am sure someone will say that this 'world' drove them to it if they are caught.. remember to list part and serial numbers on all your tackle and electronics.. the rules in florida state that you must provide a registration for your vessel to get it or a trailer out of an impound yard also if it was stolen so copy your registration in case of a thief stealing your boat if you don't want to wait 6 extra days at $300 a day for storage till you get a duplicate registration.. (most keep a registration in the boat..) kinda hard to produce one when the boats in a yard..