NEW Handler Tackle Store
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NEW Handler Tackle Store

Stopped in yesterday to check out the new store. WOW!

Adrian is really setting it up nice. Lots more room for a ton of more gear and more rods than probably anybody within 40-50 miles.
    Loads of cobia jigs too.

First Class store.

New locatioin is off the east end of Merritt Ave. right across from Health First Health Plex. Look for the Robalo CC on the corner.

I haven't been in there store I didn't even know about them till they moved just down the road from me. I don'tdo any off shore fishing only surf and wadding around do they carry that kind of gear

Not sure but I have gotten my inshore stuff, ya know things like Pompano Jigs and stuff from them at the new store. They had a ton of new soft plastics displayed last time I was there. And the guys are always super nice with tips or what the word is on the bite≥

Only bummer is that because of the move they've gotten waaaaaaaay behind on their reel service. Had a couple inshore spinning reels that would catch when jigging; they wouldn't even take em, said they were 2 months behind already and weren't taking reels for service until they were caught back up.
    "...forced to become a pirate not for infamy and riches, but out of a rankling sense of injustice by the government leaders who have forsaken him..." -Rafael Sabatini-

They do have all the inshore stuff you need and if not I'm sure they would order it.

As far as the reel repair...yes way behind, but the move to the new location has taken way more hours than one can imagine and with only two guys doing it all takes it's toll. If not for the Port Authority I doubt this would have happened in the first place.

Moving is never fun but lets support the small local guys and help them make it a success.
    Last edited by saltybum; 01-26-2013 at 04:54 PM.

What was the deal with the Port Authority?

They didn't fit in for what the PA and Disney have in mind.

More like they're gonna level that building and likely a few other older ones as they re-do the port. NASA just can't get the govt funds it used to to keep this area going, the port is the new economic engine.

I've heard a ton of conspiracy theories about the the Disneyfication of the port; maybe some are true. Reality is likely more that some of the older buildings need to go and breathe some new life into the area. With ~3000 tourists embarking and disembarking daily in a state that basis its income on sales tax, gotta build some things that attracts those folks and capitalizes jobs and revenue for this community.
    "...forced to become a pirate not for infamy and riches, but out of a rankling sense of injustice by the government leaders who have forsaken him..." -Rafael Sabatini-

Senior Member ACME Ventures Fishing's Avatar
    When you look at the growing list of longtime business's that the Port was unwiling to renew leases on, or even offered a buyout of their
    lease, you know they want the space for themselves. Rather than eating at the Smokehouse, they want you to buy corndogs at their own
    concession stands, and rather than getting a fish mounted, they want to sell you a T-Shirt. The monstrosity emerging in the Port right
    now could have been something that attracted BOTH lcal residents and visitors, rather than forsaking those that are responsable for the
    Port being what is is today, simply to court the cruise dollar.

I'll stop in tomorrow most likely I need some more soft baits and ill probably spend more then I should I always do

Not familiar with the politics yet just looming at where they're putting the new glass building, seems they're intending to level the strip plaza with the smokehouse and taxudermer as well as the two buildings like the one Handler was in.

Again, not familiar with the politics, just seems if you're gonna build a new building you're gonna improve the area around it. I'd be surprised if the PA wanted to get in the weeds with concessions. I would expect that they build new tenant space that businesses can pursue; obviously at a higher rate yet more traffic flow due to the improvements.

I do feel for the folks getting displaced, Smokehouse was always awesome with swapping fresh Kings for already smoked. I hope they'll look to integrate with the new development or do like Handler has done and relocate to where the loyal locals can still enjoy their biz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast