What are some good flys for trout and reds

Florida Sportsman

What are some good flys for trout and reds

What are some good flys for trout or reds

I like big gurglers for trout. The topwater stricks are dramatic. For subsurface I generally use clousers and schminnows. For redfish but two favorite flies are kwans and toads.

Pink over white clousers catch almost everything. Just vary the size. My fishing buddy has taken over 58 different species using that fly. Kinda' takes the fun out of tying.......

Lol yah Clousers for sure, Chart/Pink and white or a black on black.. Both with minimal flash and different sizes find different fish.

Black on black clouser.
    TEAM: Next Generation Anglers

For trout it depends on where you're targeting these fish, and how old they are. Schoolies are opportunists, that don't care what the pattern is just as long as they can fit it in their mouths. The larger females can be pretty clever, and you'll want to put more effort into your approach and your presentation. No fly is too big for a 30" trout. Deer hair sliders and large synthetic baitfish patterns will almost always work if you manage to see them before they see you. Redfish aren't so tough, just keep it simple.