File to large ??

Florida Sportsman

File to large ??

I took a couple of pictures w/ my new Nikon D7000 that when I try to upload onto a forum won't let me because "file to large". How to get around this? Help please, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but what ?

tk

You can resize them and save as a new file which will be smaller. You can also use an external hosting site rather than direct upload if you like.

Correct, take them to 640X480 for internet posting. You will also find that, after resizing, it will be easier to adjust color and sharpness if you want.

Just be sure to "save as" with a new name rather than "save" or you will overwrite your original file.
    When a child speaks of you this way, there is not much more to achieve... "Daddy taught me how to sing, how to spoil those you love, how to plan for the future, and how to drink a beer on a hot day. Not only is my dad cooler than your dad, he's also cooler than you."

Much Thanks.

The problem is the size in bytes rather than the dimensions of the image just to be clear here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckc View Post
    The problem is the size in bytes rather than the dimensions of the image just to be clear here.
    Yes, but setting an appropriate dimension for the web will give him the size he needs to mail and post.
    When a child speaks of you this way, there is not much more to achieve... "Daddy taught me how to sing, how to spoil those you love, how to plan for the future, and how to drink a beer on a hot day. Not only is my dad cooler than your dad, he's also cooler than you."

Always need to have the last word don't you Menzies. ;-)

Thanks, the resizing to 640X480 worked.

tk

I think 640x480 is way too small for posting photos if you want to be able to see any details.

And since the OP is shooting a DSLR he should resize photos in the correct aspect ration of 1.5:1. So I would resize photos to 1000x667.
    *** Pursuit 3070 Offshore CC Yamaha F250s ***
    *** Tidewater 2100 Yamaha F150 ***
    *** Native Watercraft Magic 14.5 ***

*** www.onewolf.org ***