Should Politicians be subject to manadatory Drug Test? - Page 3

Florida Sportsman

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by old thompson View Post
    ac2020, spiteful much?

ETA: I suspect many politicians are already testing drugs with the aid of a 'scipt.
    Spiteful? No. The justification of drug testing welfare recipients was that politicians said anyone taking government money should be drug tested....well....
    Economists, scientists, and moms overwhelmingly supported Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary S. Colecchio View Post
    You mean like using them in clinical trials?
    their behavior indicates that they may all be in clinical trials....

but just to keep them honest, the occasional pizz test would be a good idea.....

and also have a Marine observing to make sure there's no bs going on...

as you were....

mac

The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....

Banned
    They should test for alcohol, good enough for the Navy, good enough for congress.

Quote Originally Posted by ac2020 View Post
    Spiteful? No. The justification of drug testing welfare recipients was that politicians said anyone taking government money should be drug tested....well....
    how many times have the rabid right on this board called for drug testing to be eligible for welfare, etc....
    not much difference....

at ease.....
    mac

The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....

Yes, I'm in favor of employer mandated drug screening. I'm sure the voters would vote for this.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

I do not know for sure but it would be reasonable to think that all members of Congress are subject to "Ethical and/or Code of Conduct" expectations that might include drug and/or alcohol abuse. Normally, when a person has a drug/alcohol problem there are indicators of such; poor attendance, appearance problems, unusual or abnormal behaviors and other physical and/or performance indicators. As far as random testing in an effort to identify a user, I am not sure the cost to do so relative to the value gained would prove beneficial. If at some point drug use becomes a known problem, random testing could then be implemented.

Banned
    As long as a substance is illegal by federal law then the lawmakers should be tested for it randomly and often.

Drug testing and mandatory lobotomies
    "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."
    "An it harm none, do as ye will."
    "The mind is everything. What you think you become."

Quote Originally Posted by razorreilly09 View Post
    Drug testing and mandatory lobotomies
    How can they remove something that isn't there?
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

Quote Originally Posted by Big Battery View Post
    Why should anyone be tested when there is no reasonable reason to believe they are under the influence?
    Insurance purposes. There is a decent discount for having a drug free work place and that includes drug testing.

Congress is elected by the people. The people who elected them should determine what they require of their representative. It is not your business what any representative from any other state or district does. He does not represent you.
    People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast