Coley to leave FSU - new OC for the Canes - Page 2

Florida Sportsman

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 84
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Delray Beach
    Posts
    1,637
    He is considered one of THE best recruiters around for the South Florida region. FSU and the Gators for that matter will lose a few recruits every year to this guy.

    "Coley was labelled and considered the ACC top recruiter by ESPN recruiting"

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Miami/Key Largo, FL
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Seminoleken View Post
    They hired an unproven OC two weeks before Signing Day to get two recruits who are actually from Miami, definition of desperate.
    How about the fact that you've lost 6 coaches from your staff in since the bowl game. That should trouble you more. It was reported that Jimbo even offered to let him call plays and he still left. Something is fishy in Tally.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Seminoleken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssoto0055 View Post
    It was reported that Jimbo even offered to let him call plays and he still left.
    Don't know where you read that but I know for an absolute fact that isn't true. Jimbo offered to match the $ but refused to give up playcalling.

  4. #14
    Senior Member TumbleweedTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    G' town
    Posts
    1,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssoto0055 View Post
    How about the fact that you've lost 6 coaches from your staff in since the bowl game. That should trouble you more. It was reported that Jimbo even offered to let him call plays and he still left. Something is fishy in Tally.

    I'd say it's more like 'cheese', not fish ssssssoto, (unless you mean fish-er) and even the coaches and players smell it.
    It's the 'muenster'...., dimbo. He can't "see the forest for the trees" Even after experiencing it and being told publicly every year.
    When a coach's bad decisions cost the HEAD coach, and the institution, victories EVERY year.., and against sub par talent/teams they're fired.
    And when you recruit to the highest caliber every year and still can't REACH the highest caliber? Same decision. Easy enough. Get some help.

    A talented head coach would have already resolved this issue and moved on to being THE head coach.
    Thankfully..., JF doesn't get it
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy." Tom Waits.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Delray Beach
    Posts
    1,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Seminoleken View Post
    Don't know where you read that but I know for an absolute fact that isn't true. Jimbo offered to match the $ but refused to give up playcalling.
    And here lies the problem for FSU

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by Seminoleken View Post
    They hired an unproven OC two weeks before Signing Day to get two recruits who are actually from Miami, definition of desperate.
    If you think they hired him to get two recruits you are not real bright. They hired him because of the recruits he WILL get them in the future. He also is not unproven as an OC since he was OC and playcaller at FIU and did pretty well that year. He also worked for Nick Saban at LSU and the Dolphins and as much as I despise him is one of the best coaches around. It seems FSU thought pretty highly of him as well since they were going to match his $500,000 salary that UM offered.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by Seminoleken View Post

    His only stint as a real OC came at FIU. FIU's PPG dropped 59% with Coley as OC, and then shot up 57% when he left.
    After installing a new offensive system it picked up dramatically that last 6 games. The first six games were also against 5 bowl teams from the previous year.

    In his first season with the Golden Panthers in 2007, Coley needed just six games to revamp the FIU offense. Through the first six contests of the season, Florida International's schedule featured five bowl teams from 2006. With Coley installing his new offense, the Golden Panthers scored a total of 44 points and averaged 211.7 yards of offense per game but that all changed in the second half of the season. In its final six games FIU's offense scored 137 points and averaged 327.7 yards per game. On top of more than tripling its points scored in the second half of the year, Coley's ground game almost doubled its output (85.5 ypg to 152.7 ypg) and the passing offense increased by almost 39% (126.2 ypg to 175.0 ypg).

    FIU posted its best offensive performance in nearly two years against Louisiana-Lafayette (11/17/07), scoring 28 points and compiling 391 yards of total offense. The 28 points equaled the previous year's season-high and the 391 yards were the most since the team had 438 yards of offense in the 2005 season finale against Middle Tennessee. In addition, FIU's 264 yards rushing against Lafayette were the most since producing 266 yards on the ground against Florida Atlantic in the 2005 season. The team had 377 yards of total offense against FAU on 11/24/07, marking the first time since 2005 that FIU had at least 375 yards of total offense in consecutive weeks. In the 38-19 season finale win against North Texas, Coley's offense scored the most points by a FIU team since a 52-6 win against Florida Atlantic on Nov. 26, 2005.


    2007 FIU Offense
    Games 1-6 Games 7-12
    Rush Pass Total Avg Rush Pass Total Avg
    513 757 1270 211.7 916 1,050 1,966 327.7

  8. #18
    Senior Member Seminoleken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Security Leak View Post
    After installing a new offensive system it picked up dramatically that last 6 games. The first six games were also against 5 bowl teams from the previous year.

    In his first season with the Golden Panthers in 2007, Coley needed just six games to revamp the FIU offense. Through the first six contests of the season, Florida International's schedule featured five bowl teams from 2006. With Coley installing his new offense, the Golden Panthers scored a total of 44 points and averaged 211.7 yards of offense per game but that all changed in the second half of the season. In its final six games FIU's offense scored 137 points and averaged 327.7 yards per game. On top of more than tripling its points scored in the second half of the year, Coley's ground game almost doubled its output (85.5 ypg to 152.7 ypg) and the passing offense increased by almost 39% (126.2 ypg to 175.0 ypg).

    FIU posted its best offensive performance in nearly two years against Louisiana-Lafayette (11/17/07), scoring 28 points and compiling 391 yards of total offense. The 28 points equaled the previous year's season-high and the 391 yards were the most since the team had 438 yards of offense in the 2005 season finale against Middle Tennessee. In addition, FIU's 264 yards rushing against Lafayette were the most since producing 266 yards on the ground against Florida Atlantic in the 2005 season. The team had 377 yards of total offense against FAU on 11/24/07, marking the first time since 2005 that FIU had at least 375 yards of total offense in consecutive weeks. In the 38-19 season finale win against North Texas, Coley's offense scored the most points by a FIU team since a 52-6 win against Florida Atlantic on Nov. 26, 2005.


    2007 FIU Offense
    Games 1-6 Games 7-12
    Rush Pass Total Avg Rush Pass Total Avg
    513 757 1270 211.7 916 1,050 1,966 327.7
    So in summary.....they were horrible against good teams and did decent against bad teams with the very brightest highlight being a 4 TD performance against mighty Louisiana-Lafayette.

    Good luck with that.

    Again.........

    Quote Originally Posted by Seminoleken View Post
    FIU's PPG dropped 59% with Coley as OC, and then shot up 57% when he left.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Delray Beach
    Posts
    1,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Seminoleken View Post
    So in summary.....they were horrible against good teams and did decent against bad teams with the very brightest highlight being a 4 TD performance against mighty Louisiana-Lafayette.

    Good luck with that.

    Again.........
    Mmmm.... Sound like another team I know with a very weak schedule

  10. #20
    Senior Member TumbleweedTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    G' town
    Posts
    1,987
    [QUOTE=2amigo;1202911]Mmmm.... Sound like another team I know with a very weak schedule[/QUOTE


    Notice SemKen is the one of the few who doesn't get that from the nole group...,
    fsu is regresssing..., not otherwise.
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy." Tom Waits.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •