NCAA Admits To Its Own Improper Conduct During Miami Investigation - Page 5

Florida Sportsman

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BTW,mhey Ken the price of tea in china is 13-45.00...

http://answers.ask.com/Food_and_Drin...f_tea_in_china
    Water rat

Get ready to rock and roll South Florida, theres a NEW tournament on the horizon that's gong to change your world!

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Gator View Post
    This whole investigation has been handled poorly at best by the NCAA. Leaving any school twisting in the wind this long is an indictment against the investigative process. The guy who made out the best in this whole deal is Shapiro's attorney who billed and got paid by the NCAA for the hours he spent giving them dirt.

As pointed out above, the NCAA is not bound by any legal investigative standards except those established after the fact in civil court. However, this UM investigation has been such a cluster that they should really just drop it, appologize and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by nuevowavo View Post
    The NCAA should just give itself a death sentence for lack of institutional oversight...
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydawg View Post
    http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...e-miami-012513

I would be surprised if the NCAA is not either completely disbanded or overhauled in the next few years. A judge has already said that the way they handled the USC investigation and especially the malicious manner it went after the assistant coach was wrong and they are being sued for it. I also think PSU has a good case considering they used the report of a 3 rd party to make the penalties.

]
    Quote Originally Posted by Security Leak;
    I WILL bet money that UM does not get hammered. I say they will get no bowl bans and will lose 5 scholarships a year OR LESS. The NCAA step in a big pile of crap now and their whole investigation process is now tainted. It would not surprise me if the come back and say the self imposed sanctions will be enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Gator View Post
    This is a real possibility. The NCAA can't be allowed to hire the defense lawyer of a spurned booster turned criminal ponzi schemer and use him to make their case. If UM does get harsh sanctions, I would like to see them sue the NCAA as well.

I am certainly no fan of UM, but the way that this investigation has played out has ramifications for any other school that the NCAA investigates.

Or any school they have investigated in the recent past for that matter..
    Last edited by Madpoodle; 01-28-2013 at 05:40 PM.
    Water rat

Get ready to rock and roll South Florida, theres a NEW tournament on the horizon that's gong to change your world!

Noles and Canes both suck...

I'm glad the canes finally found a pair and agreed to play the Gators this year...

Quote Originally Posted by BigGatorChomp View Post
    Noles and Canes both suck...

I'm glad the canes finally found a pair and agreed to play the Gators this year...
    Yeah right!!! Who was it that cancelled the series in 1987??? The Gaytors!!! Who is 11-4 against the Gaytors since 1978 including 2-0 in bowl games??? THE U!!! It seems that the Gaytors were the ones who finally found a pair.

The Gators-Hurricanes rivalry had once been an annual event, with the two teams alternating home games from 1938 (with a one-year break during World War II) until UF officials halted the series following the 1987 game, smack in the middle of UMís ascension to national dominance.

Can't believe I'm gonna agree with this guy ^^^^^

But I thought everyone knew it was the gators that chickened out of that series.

Quote Originally Posted by Seminoleken View Post
    Can't believe I'm gonna agree with this guy ^^^^^

But I thought everyone knew it was the gators that chickened out of that series.
    FSU has the balls to play UM EVERY year no matter if UM was on top or where they are now. The Gaytors, not so much!!! Then they try to make like UM did not want to play them anymore. What a joke!!! Truth of the matter is that the Gaytors dumped THE U when UM was a rising powerhouse and UF didn't want any part of UM. UM fans know it. FSU fans know it. The world knows it yet UF fans stick their head in the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Security Leak View Post
    FSU has the balls to play UM EVERY year no matter if UM was on top or where they are now. The Gaytors, not so much!!! Then they try to make like UM did not want to play them anymore. What a joke!!! Truth of the matter is that the Gaytors dumped THE U when UM was a rising powerhouse and UF didn't want any part of UM. UM fans know it. FSU fans know it. The world knows it yet UF fans stick their head in the sand.
    Agree 100%

Bobby was once quoted as saying that he wanted “But he played Miami." chisled on his headstone

Quote Originally Posted by Security Leak View Post
    Oh wow. This again. This is all you two have got. Something that happened 25 years ago. Why don't your teams have the balls to just join a real conference with a real schedule. Time to move into the present and future. Balls to play UM..... Funny.

Oh and by the way. UM will beat FSU this year. Mark it

Quote Originally Posted by 2amigo View Post
    Oh and by the way. UM will beat FSU this year. Mark it
    Mark it?

No thanks......history says otherwise.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast