Best Value for family CO Skiing

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Best Value for family CO Skiing

Late to the game but thinking about taking the kids to Colorado to ski in March. Been all over CO but not in years. Looking for best value, crowd factor etc. winter Park? Utah? Sorry, no east coast skiing needed this trip. Best Ski Package seller?

Banned
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cheech-and-chong-up-in-smoke.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	69176
    give these guys a shout

There is no such thing as a cheap ski trip to the Rockies. If you plan it on your own, figure at least $2000 per person for flight, ski rental, ski lift ticket, lodging, meals, and the winter clothes that you're going to need to buy.

Do a search for ski clubs in Florida. Tampa has a good one, but there are others out of Orlando and Ft Lauderdale. They put packages together with decent rates, but it's still $1000-1500 per person...and that usually does not include meals and ski rental.

Tampa ski club:

http://www.tampabayskiclub.com/trip_schedule.html
    Obama. Like a President, only dumber

"I will laugh my *** off and point at the parent who supports this and their kid gets killed on campus."--TonySal 12/13/2014

We found Utah to be the best value. Staying at the slopes is cool, but if you're wanting to shave bucks, staying in Salt Lake and "commuting" is cheaper. Rental car is the way to go, but buses run, I think, if you're going even cheaper. Our favorite was Brighton, and Spring break was our time.
    Hope it works out, dip.
    http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/trmcinvale/th_sig22.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/big-bend/dp/1456453270

Quote Originally Posted by magot View Post
    We found Utah to be the best value. Staying at the slopes is cool, but if you're wanting to shave bucks, staying in Salt Lake and "commuting" is cheaper. Rental car is the way to go, but buses run, I think, if you're going even cheaper. Our favorite was Brighton, and Spring break was our time.
    Hope it works out, dip.

What magot said is true. Staying in SLC instead of slopeside is cheaper and you can commute back and forth. It's about 45 minutes I think?

Colorado is harder to do that, because the Denver airport is quite a drive from the high Rockies (approx. 2 hours), and the passes often shut down due to blizzards. Vail airport is closer, but much more expensive to fly into.

"I will laugh my *** off and point at the parent who supports this and their kid gets killed on campus."--TonySal 12/13/2014

Doug, we used Lilly from Snow Ventures to plan our last trip out to Telluride, and she did a great job. We got a ton of different places & options before we decided what we were going to do. She was great to deal with! That was a lot easier than trying to do it myself in the past!

Lilly Howard
    800-845-7157 Ext. 305
    Cell-970-389-2918
    Lilly@snowventures.com
    "Oh, so you're one of those." Yup, apparently I am!

Also look at Lake Tahoe! Go there almost every year!

Tight lines to everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by grady30wa View Post
    There is no such thing as a cheap ski trip to the Rockies. If you plan it on your own, figure at least $2000 per person for flight, ski rental, ski lift ticket, lodging, meals, and the winter clothes that you're going to need to buy.
    NO WAY !! If it cost you that $2K/person you are doing it wrong or staying forever. It can be done for MUCH, MUCH less than that.

With that said, this would not be the year to ski in CO. The snow at the popular ski resorts B-L-O-W-S !!
    "I'm not a physicist." ~ ac2020

"It's a shame PACs cannot simply lie and get away with it." ~ SWFL

"I am not wrong about anything." & "....in like flint." ~ rickc

Banned
    Its a cool road trip.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterEngineer View Post
    NO WAY !! If it cost you that $2K/person you are doing it wrong or staying forever. It can be done for MUCH, MUCH less than that.

With that said, this would not be the year to ski in CO. The snow at the popular ski resorts B-L-O-W-S !!
    7 day lift ticket: $560 purchased online ($833 on site)
    7 days ski rental: $150

Airline ticket plus baggage fee: $350

Dining out for 7 days: $350/person ($50/day)

You're at $1400 already, and that does not include lodging, buying winter ski apparel, and transportation costs to and from the airport.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast