Night Trip... My Biggest Catch Yet! 1/21/13

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Night Trip... My Biggest Catch Yet! 1/21/13

Went out wading for a little while yesterday, caught some nice trout and baby snook. We got poured on, then the river went glassy and the bite was much better. Got onto a sandbar we know of and they were tearing up the Pearl Viper Minnow, but Chris got a couple of nice flounder on the shrimp. Went back out for a night trip with Dad that night. For the little while we were out there, we caught a couple of junk fish and then it happened... CATCH OF THE NIGHT! Estimated over 180 pounds. Called it a night early after that one. Caught on an Unfair Lures Greenie with #2 Triple Grip Style treble hooks. The last picture is of that one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails d7.jpg   d6.jpg   d5.jpg   d4.jpg   d3.jpg   d2.jpg   d1.jpg   d8.jpg  

i guess it was your dad......
    Last edited by DuPont; 01-22-2013 at 09:50 PM.

Owie, owie! Bet that hurt! Squash those treble barbs flat; they hold about as good as a barbed hook but are so much easier on the release!

Nice catches! Did you eat the flounder or catch and release? Sucks about the finger... I bet that hurt...

Great job on the fishing. I thought you landed a 180lb Tarpon until I saw the last pic. OUCH!!! That rain looks like a total downpore. Good job sticking it out despite the weather.

Man, sorry to hear about the finger, I just had the same thing happen. Nice flounder!

Did you push it back through and snip the barb?
    FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>----->

2013 Hobie Outback

www.Extremekayakfishing.com

2013 Florida Sportsman College Football Bowl Pick 'em challenge CHAMPION!

Typical fisherman --lying about the size of your catch: ---you don't look like a pound over 176. What method did you use to get the hook out? That looks like a good place to just force it thru. If you have a buddy punch you in the nose at the same time you force it thru you won't notice the pain from the hook --- sometimes it takes a couple of trys to get the timing right. Or you could go to the ER.

ouch.. nice flounders..

Wow, I am assuming some choice words were said during the hooking of said 180 lb Joup fish.
    Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.
    Ned Dolan

Lol released the flounders, Dad went to the ER to get the hooks out. We tried removing it ourselves, but with the place that was hooked. No chance. Thanks everyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast