Sisters Creek

Florida Sportsman

Thread: Sisters Creek

Sisters Creek

Went out around 8:30am today into sisters creek to see what we could pull up. TONS of trout, back to back casts with hookups in some places. All the trout were under 15" except a few, all were released. Got maybe half a dozen flounder and one red with a very colorful tail. Almost all were caught on silver/green gulp. Interesting thing we always seem to find is that one jig head color will be killing it and another wont be touched. For example, today white jig heads were the only thing getting hits. No steel jig heads were touched and no neon jig heads were touched, only white... The water clarity was so good, maybe that had something to do with it.

Seeing that the bite was so easy, I tried to break away from our regular gulp routine and try out some new lures to experiment with. Had good luck on some freshwater soft plastic baits on jig heads, white of course. No such luck on any top waters. Tried throwing a top dog jr and a she dog jr.

All in all pretty good day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130126_111702-1-1.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	69571

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs941 View Post
    Went out around 8:30am today into sisters creek to see what we could pull up. TONS of trout, back to back casts with hookups in some places. All the trout were under 15" except a few, all were released. Got maybe half a dozen flounder and one red with a very colorful tail. Almost all were caught on silver/green gulp. Interesting thing we always seem to find is that one jig head color will be killing it and another wont be touched. For example, today white jig heads were the only thing getting hits. No steel jig heads were touched and no neon jig heads were touched, only white... The water clarity was so good, maybe that had something to do with it.

Seeing that the bite was so easy, I tried to break away from our regular gulp routine and try out some new lures to experiment with. Had good luck on some freshwater soft plastic baits on jig heads, white of course. No such luck on any top waters. Tried throwing a top dog jr and a she dog jr.

All in all pretty good day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130126_111702-1-1.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	69571
    Glad you had a great day! I did too! I fished from DDot to Wonderood and caught the NE FL inshore slam. Funny thing is... I fished white Gulp Shrimp on on a green jig head for everything I caught.. Crazy how a few miles can make that big of a difference.

Is the camera or the fish upside down?

:tripinmeout

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Jboat View Post
    Is the camera or the fish upside down?

:tripinmeout

Jason
    Love that someone noticed. That fish was wasted. Not me.