Lower loxahatchee??

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Lower loxahatchee??

I'm talking the area where I put in at JDSP. Always throw my yak in there a couple of times each winter, but I really have no idea what I'm doing in there area besides throwing around the bushes. I fish the munyon area and north up to Ft pierce, I need some help in this area though. Thanx in adavance for any replies!!
    Also I usually try to fish inshore, some where, on Mondays. Join in: fatboytj@msn.com
    Rednecks can be very useful...when sober.

There are a lot of big jacks and a few tarpon along with a few snook in the Loxahatchee. Try the Hope Sound Nature Center off US1. It is a little north of where you would turn in to JDSP. It has a nice beach to put in and you should find trout, snook, ladyfish, and maybe a red. The only thing bad is when you take out. You have a big hill to go up to bring your kayak back to your car. Not a good place for a PA. or any heavy kayak.

Thanx Pete, I think I found the place you're talking about on google maps. Looks like I better not bring my trailer there though, parking would be tough. I may try there tomorrow AM, are there any time restrictions?

I an not sure but I think you can put in at 7am. Let me know how you do. You can ask if you can bring a trailer and park in the bus parking. Ask first.

Hey fatboytj...you ever put in off Indiantown rd in Jupiter just north of the firehouse on Central Ave? Free parking with close ramp there and you can either paddle west to the spillway or east to deeper waters. I'll be there tomorrow morning.
    The latest survey shows that
    three out of four people make
    up 75% of the population

Never been to that area, any snook this time of year??

Hit or miss. Not gonna guarantee a thing.
    up 75% of the population

Ever try that area at night, any dock lights close??

Quote Originally Posted by PBG-John View Post
    Hey fatboytj...you ever put in off Indiantown rd in Jupiter just north of the firehouse on Central Ave? Free parking with close ramp there and you can either paddle west to the spillway or east to deeper waters. I'll be there tomorrow morning.
    Just saw that kayak launch last week, looks new or refurbished. Could be a good spot after a rain. Post back, and good luck!
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in one hand, Cheeseburger in the other, body well used and worn out and screaming WOO-HOO What a Ride!"

Ended up paddling out of Sawfish bay Park off A1A. A couple small snook and jacks. Nothing to brag about.
    up 75% of the population

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast