Tradewinds Park 1/20/13

Florida Sportsman

Tradewinds Park 1/20/13

Took the yak out to Tradewinds Park today for a bass fishing tune-up for next weekendís Florida Bass Paddlers 2nd Anniversary fling. What a nice day for it. Winds were up 10-15 out of the East. Paddled to the 1st area I wanted to fish. After figuring out the drift I caught a nice 2 pounder on the 3rd cast using a spinner bait. Had a couple more bites but lost them in the fight.

I left that area for another close by. Had a bunch of strikes in the lily pads on a plastic worm but those too got off the hook. Damn. Then I drifted to another area that had a lot of fallen trees and cover, picked up the good old jig and pig and boated a nice 3.5 pound fish. Caught 2 more nice ones on the same set up. After that it was a dink fest until I decided to head on back to the launch and pack it in for the day. I had the whole place to myself and it was great.

All in all a very nice day with some nice fish caught. Four respectable fish and about 10 dinks. I canít wait until next weekend. I plan on coming in 1st and winning it all. (Thatís the plan anyways)

I have pics but can't figure out how to post them here. Any suggestions??

Nice Day ! Post your pics up on Photobucket and paste the url in your post

Let us know how you do and nice post.

I know some folks at the PB Kayak Fishing Club fish there for Snake Heads. They say they taste better than Hogfish and fight harder than Peacock Bass. I'm curious now.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in one hand, Cheeseburger in the other, body well used and worn out and screaming WOO-HOO What a Ride!"

Not kayak related, but I walked the C-14 on sunday TRYING to catch a snakehead. Only managed a bunch of bass on my frogs (still not a bad day). There was an old timer sitting at the bridge of southgate and university and pulled in a 10+ pounder. I was jealous as all hell, caught on a dead shiner under the bridge no less!
    FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>----->

2013 Hobie Outback

www.Extremekayakfishing.com

2013 Florida Sportsman College Football Bowl Pick 'em challenge CHAMPION!

Thanks guys. I have caught snakeheads but, believe it or not, on plastic worms!! I have only caught one on a frog. I have not eaten one though. I only eat saltwater fish. Maybe I'm missing something!!

You're coming in 2nd
    bugdoc

Southeast Florida kayak launch sites at http://www.floridakayaksites.info