Sanctity of Life Sunday - Page 16

Florida Sportsman

Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Justins Dad View Post
    Tell me, what is your understanding of scientific theory. Because in the truest sense of the word, science can NOT deal with the question of God.
    Science can not and does not deal with questions of any mythologies.

"If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

Tell me, what is your understanding of scientific theory. Because in the truest sense of the word, science can NOT deal with the question of God.
    Only because God chooses to make herself unobservable. Why does God do that anyway? I mean, here we are standing on this rock in space, wondering what the heck this whole deal is about, hurdling towards towards the great unknown around the Centaurus Supercluster... and this God put us here. But, she won't tell us why. Oh no, this is all some head game to God. See, it would be too simple just to say; "I created this rock you stand on, and everything else, as a means to test your morals. If they are good, you can come live with me... in some other place than this whole universe I made. If they are bad, you can go to some other place where some ultimate bad guy will do bad things to you. Now that it is settled, I'm not going to reveal myself to you, because part of the game is that you must have faith that I am even here to start with. I will also put facts into play to try and fool you. Good luck!"

Kind of a janky move if you ask me...

While your god's promise of eternal life is persausive, the Papua New Guinean mud god, Pikkiwoki, is promising a pig and as many coconuts you can carry.

and there is EXACTLY the same evidence for Pikkiwoki as there is for your god.

surely you're capable of using google or some other tool to figure out what most school children know. or perhaps not...

Because in the truest sense of the word, science can NOT deal with the question of God.
    That is total and absolute BULL.

Your deity would be the definition of the 'outer envelope' of science. If there was one SINGULAR iota of evidence that this or these aliens exist and have made contact with humanity, our initial and critical task would be to begin the scientific classification of this non-human, alien intelligence, its life cycle and how we define them as a species.
    "The internet gives people an opportunity to generate lies faster... and for business reasons." - Eric Schmidt, Google

Quote Originally Posted by Gary S. Colecchio View Post
    that's what I have been saying and I get accused of name calling. Dense as a thick fog.
    People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid

Right. Then why do the non-believers always spout off about "show me your evidence." I guess it somehow lends an air of credibility to their own non-belief.
    Quote Originally Posted by ben17 View Post
    Science can not and does not deal with questions of any mythologies.

Wow, you didn't put one of those stupid icons on your post. I'm impressed!!

I'm not asking about scientific theory, I'm asking about your understanding is of scientific theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by heathen View Post
    surely you're capable of using google or some other tool to figure out what most school children know. or perhaps not...

Right. Then why do the non-believers always spout off about "show me your evidence."
    Because we know you don't have any and still continue to propagate your acceptance of a mythology as truth, fully embracing magic and pseudo-science. These religious claims are absurd.

Your belief is your belief. Have fun with it. Its so incredibly easy to poke holes in it however, expect to be ridiculed as we informally 'peer review' it
    "The internet gives people an opportunity to generate lies faster... and for business reasons." - Eric Schmidt, Google

Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast