Stop the Hypocrisy!! - Page 3

Florida Sportsman

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hilton View Post

I never offered any information on the BP oil spill "for a price".

Capt. Thomas J. Hilton
    So you offered information of closed areas(due to the spill) for your subscribers... Correct?

I received an invitation to subscribe from your company as did other fishing related businesses in this area. I looked at it and canned it like with any other junk mail. I really wish I still had it.

It's no big deal Tom, I get what you are about... Less restrictions = more fishermen = more suscribers to your service. Mo money, mo money, mo money.
    This place rocks!
    Now

Senior Member ACME Ventures Fishing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUMBER1 View Post
    So you offered information of closed areas(due to the spill) for your subscribers... Correct?

I received an invitation to subscribe from your company as did other fishing related businesses in this area. I looked at it and canned it like with any other junk mail. I really wish I still had it.

It's no big deal Tom, I get what you are about... Less restrictions = more fishermen = more suscribers to your service. Mo money, mo money, mo money.
    I've really not heard anyone calling for less "Restrictions", or perhaps better stated, Regulations. What is being ask for is Regulations that
    are reasonable, and based on actual conditions in the water rather than "Policy". Unlike certain user groups, albeit, a small portion of them,
    we are not asking for a "guarenteed" quota, historical access rights, or ownership rights, of the public resource. Will regulations based of
    real world conditions lead to more fishermen? Who Knows.

As to Toms business, seems its a legitimate operation. I currently use another service, but have considered His when my service time is up.
    He clearly stated that they added the information about your issue to their service without additional cost. So if you have His service, you
    did get this for free. These type of services save me money both in my business and my personal fishing, by reducing the fuel I burn. Hey
    wait....thats good for the environment also!

Of coarse groups like EDF trying to "Sell" its Catch Share Scheme by promising a 400% return to investors has nothing to do with "Mo Money"?
    While I never heard Tom, or most fishermen for that fact ever state that they did not want reasonable regulations, based on Reliable Science Based
    Data....the same cannot be said for EDF, and their Fishing collectives, such as the Gulf Reef Shareholders, and CFA. EDF has OPPOSED the very
    idea of making Reliable Science a Requirement, and their funded groups have actually stated..."Science won't help you....In fact Science may make
    things worse"!!!! This is the very essence of Hypocracy!

Or(hope and pray) further U.S. rec restrictions...
    ACME,
    Forget it - ANUMBER1 is on a roll spewing his misinformation as you pointed out, and as illustrated by his quote here, is that it is abundantly clear that he and his cronies simply want MORE recreational restrictions/LESS recreational access using knowingly flawed data - straight from the horse's mouth.

Also looks like this thread has come full circle - a commercial fisherman using bogus "information" and accusations to attack those who are fighting FOR recreational fishing interests. I personally have been fishing offshore for about 50 years, and been involved in a fishing-related business for about 12 years - just because I make my living in the industry, that doesn't eliminate my right as an American to fight the outright corruption and lies that are being used right now to shut down the recreational Gulf fisheries for current and FUTURE recreational fishermen.

Of course, the enviro-funded captains and operatives working in the fishery councils/NMFS who are pushing issues that go against the 10th Amendment of the US Constitution and the Public Trust Doctrine really do not give a damn about how their actions will affect Gulf of Mexico recreational fisheries.

BTW, we gave access to some of the researchers working on the oil spill and they were able to locate/rescue over 900 oiled turtles using the site's tools.

Capt. Thomas J. Hilton
    Last edited by Tom Hilton; 01-28-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Tom, I am strictly a rec fisherman when it comes to reef fish, I hold no federal permits and haven't since 2006,my quote was a tounge in cheek poke at some of the earlier anti-commercial posts.

Yes, I did receive an invitation to subscribe to your service during the height of the BP panic and I was the one that rasied the question at the meeting.(didn't even know you or your business existed before that)
    I'm sure you run a legit business, but was told that all the info on the closed zones was available free at the state and NOAA websites,.

I have nothing against a man making a living but I do have a problem with the way you portray people you don't agree with.

Doing what one thinks is truely right does not make them a schill, no matter what side of the fence they stand.

You have my blessing to carry on.
    This place rocks!
    Now

Quote Originally Posted by ACME Ventures Fishing View Post
    I've really not heard anyone calling for less "Restrictions", or perhaps better stated, Regulations. What is being ask for is Regulations that
    are reasonable, and based on actual conditions in the water rather than "Policy". Unlike certain user groups, albeit, a small portion of them,
    we are not asking for a "guarenteed" quota, historical access rights, or ownership rights, of the public resource. Will regulations based of
    real world conditions lead to more fishermen? Who Knows.

As to Toms business, seems its a legitimate operation. I currently use another service, but have considered His when my service time is up.
    He clearly stated that they added the information about your issue to their service without additional cost. So if you have His service, you
    did get this for free. These type of services save me money both in my business and my personal fishing, by reducing the fuel I burn. Hey
    wait....thats good for the environment also!

Of coarse groups like EDF trying to "Sell" its Catch Share Scheme by promising a 400% return to investors has nothing to do with "Mo Money"?
    While I never heard Tom, or most fishermen for that fact ever state that they did not want reasonable regulations, based on Reliable Science Based
    Data....the same cannot be said for EDF, and their Fishing collectives, such as the Gulf Reef Shareholders, and CFA. EDF has OPPOSED the very
    idea of making Reliable Science a Requirement, and their funded groups have actually stated..."Science won't help you....In fact Science may make
    things worse"!!!! This is the very essence of Hypocracy!
    Regulations/restrictions = potato/potatoe
    This place rocks!
    Now

[SIZE=4]ANUMBER1,

I looked back at our email history to see what exactly you saw that made you think I was profiteering from the spill. The only thing I came up with that even mentioned the spill was our June 2010 newsletter that said nothing about providing services regarding the oil spill for a fee. Quite the contrary - I stated this;

"We at Hilton's would like to extend our condolences to the families of those killed aboard the Deepwater Horizon. It is of the utmost importance that this leak be contained as soon as possible so that we can begin the rebuilding process.

We would also like to extend the invitation to all subscribers affected by this tragedy to switch their region(s) to other locales (at no additional charge) if you decide to move out of the Gulf for obvious reasons. Just contact me at hilton@rt-nav.com or by phone 713 530-2267 and I will do my best to accommodate you."

Many boats left the Gulf to fish the east coast, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, etc. since a very large majority of the Gulf was off-limits to recreational fishing that summer, and most all of the major tournaments cancelled. I do remember people asking me to freeze their subscriptions until the following year since they couldn't utilize it, which of course I did. I also remember posting up on web forums screen shots of the latest boundary location relative to fishing structures in an attempt to help what few boats that were fishing to determine which structures were legal to fish, which is probably what you mistook as profiteering on this disaster.

So, in summation, I never charged for providing the locations of the closed areas before the spill, during the spill, or after the spill - you apparently misunderstood.

Enclosed is a screen shot of the June 2010 newsletter.

Capt. Thomas J. Hilton
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010_newsletter.jpg  
    Last edited by Tom Hilton; 01-29-2013 at 08:43 AM.

Right time frame, but what I received was a mailer invitation to subscribe with info on the closed zones, I did not know of your business until then and didn't associate your name with it on this forum until some time after.
    There were many solicitations floating around offering info on the spill, some legit and some just outright scams, I was just looking out for my fishermen.

Nothing wrong with promoting your business Tom, most of us expect to profit from our ventures, correct?
    This place rocks!
    Now

Right time frame, but what I received was a mailer invitation to subscribe with info on the closed zones, I did not know of your business until then and didn't associate your name with it on this forum until some time after.
    There were many solicitations floating around offering info on the spill, some legit and some just outright scams, I was just looking out for my fishermen.

Nothing wrong with promoting your business Tom, most of us expect to profit from our ventures, correct?
    Jeez. Enough already
    Last edited by Long Gone; 01-29-2013 at 09:09 PM.

ANUMBER1 - you have insinuated that I have done something improper when in reality, I have not. I have already told you no flyers mentioning the oil spill (other than the one enclosed) were sent from our company. You are confused, incorrect, and can offer nothing but a vague memory of your accusation, but that doesn't stop you from spouting your hate.

You and your bud, the former Gulf Council chair, are certainly birds of a feather. I have wasted enough time with this.

Word is that heads are rolling over at the Tampa NMFS office due to improprieties brought to light during an IG investigation. Could be that one of the leaders of the GOMFMC Sector Separation Workshop has apparently been forced to retire based on what has already been found out and is still under investigation for even more "ethical lapses". He is not the only one under investigation and who has been terminated - more will be coming out shortly. Perhaps your bud should be concerned?

Perhaps the undue influence of a certain NGO is being brought to light, and hopefully steps will be taken to not only reverse the damage done to the Gulf fisheries, fishermen, and communities, but actually hold the guilty people responsible for their actions.

Even better would be an investigation into the shady computer modeling coming out of the SE Regional Administrator's office which defies reality in every sense of the word, and is pointing to a total closure of the federal red snapper fishery for no other reason than the enviro scripted agenda to remove recreational anglers off of the water at all costs, and greater profits.
    Last edited by Tom Hilton; 01-30-2013 at 12:40 AM.

Whatever you say Tom.

I hope business will pick up for you..
    This place rocks!
    Now

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast