Snapper, Grouper, and a few Hogs

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Snapper, Grouper, and a few Hogs

Took out the dusky for it's 2nd fishing tripo since being completed. Had an old Navy friend comeover from Lakeland to fish with us and also brought along two of the guides that I have come to know since working at O'Neill's, Capt. Lee Blick and Capt. Craig Weaver. set out about 0800 and headed west. Got out to a snapper spot that has been good to us for the last few trips. Fishing was slow to start but picked up as we moved around the area to find the fish. Capt. Lee boated his 1st ever hook and line hogfish and then so did Capt. Craig. Tim saved the best for last and landed the biggest snapper of the trip just a half an hour before we left for the marina. Overall, 27 Mangos, 2 Hogfish, numerous grunts, scamps, red groupers, big gags, Banded Rudder Fish, and a monster Porgy were caught and some released. The Hogs ate shrimp as well as some of the Mangos. The Mangos also took a liking to pinfish and sardines.

EPIC Marine Manufacturing. Makers of affordable, quality Engine Brackets, Swim Platforms, Fuel tanks and other customized marine products. http://www.epic-marine.com/

Great report and pics. That is great looking hog fish. Wish I had some numbers that produced 27 mangos at a pop!!! I have read your build thread a few times and very impressed with the craftsmanship put into it. I am glad to see you out putting some thuds on the dock with those full fish boxes

Strong work. Its my favorite thing to go do now. Get 10 dozen shrimp and get some hogs and mangos

Wow, outstanding snapper catch and some hogs to boot, great job.

Fat azz Porgy.
    The Beatings will continue until moral improves!

Navy personnel who can catch fish! Who woulda thunk it possible? Great catch guys!

Excellent trip and pictures...how deep were you fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by jewfish7 View Post
    Excellent trip and pictures...how deep were you fishing?
    Around 80 foot or so Almost due west of PAG
    EPIC Marine Manufacturing. Makers of affordable, quality Engine Brackets, Swim Platforms, Fuel tanks and other customized marine products. http://www.epic-marine.com/

Front page...WTG!

Nice work!
    The two best times to fish is when itís raininí and when it ainít. ĖPatrick F. McManus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast