Another Obummer Power Grab - $150m for 'ocean zoning' buried in Sandy relief bill - Page 2

Florida Sportsman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Gary S. Colecchio's Avatar
    I could not disagreed more.

There is no legal precedent , authority or agency established to take such action.

If there was it would need to subordinate state and local law and its representative government.

Planning and zoning is cultural , not science based.

Federal aid is requested by state government and provided within strict guidelines. There is no quid pro quo.

These monies have nothing to do with that aid or disaster, and will be spent by NOAA in implementing the National Ocean Policy initiative. Which has little to do with civil infrastructure and more to do with regulating coastal areas and offshore systems ;think MPAs.

These valuable monies are better spent rebuilding transportation , power and communication infrastructure than funding this corrupt agency in yet another off mission effort to redistribute federally held public resources to their exclusion.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

mixitup.... If you are looking to "Mix it Up" here by posting comments like the ones you did on this thread, specifically the ones directed at Gary, you will not achieve your desired results.

Sincerely,
    Rob
    Largest Private Charter Vessel in the Lower Keys
    www.easyridercharterskeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.

Figures
    Last edited by Joey Buttons; 01-24-2013 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Because one of the mods buddies complained
    FSU is the best football team of all time!

It's called Checks and Balances.

Obama can create something by Executive Decree, but only Congress has the authority to fund it.

The N.O.P. is a BAD idea, has been a BAD idea for years, and simply needs to be thrown in the trash can.

[QUOTE=beach_trade;1197829]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary S. Colecchio View Post

No. If the federal government is footing the bill it should be involved in zoning and local land use.

People have had their beach front cottages rebuilt 2-3 times with federal assistance/tax dollars.

It's time those tax wasting practices stop or get the federal government out of the disaster aid business and let private insurers pick up the tab.
    what was the program that paid for peoples beach home 2 to 3 times ???
    Old School Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Got TA Go View Post
    mixitup.... If you are looking to "Mix it Up" here by posting comments like the ones you did on this thread, specifically the ones directed at Gary, you will not achieve your desired results.

Sincerely,
    Rob
    I see the deleted post was one by one of our resident "useful idiots". Thanks for the edit. Now I remember why I don't come here anymore, high blood pressure results. Politics is a walk in the park compared to this place. NOAA needs to be stripped, gutted, and ground into chum.

Just drink the god d*mned koolaid!

Quote Originally Posted by SWFL_F1sh0n View Post
    UH?
    Its 7.30 AM and you already won the moron trophy for the day. Congrats!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12