OK so I took the SSV Plunge!

Florida Sportsman

OK so I took the SSV Plunge!

So my damn daiwas broke on me again and I felt like I needed a backup plan. So I read about the new sealed SSV's and that sounded good to me! Especially as much as I dunk them when wading, etc.

So my two new 3500's arrived today and them seem solid. I bit large and heavier then I am used to. I am just hoping these are as "Bulletproof" as they sound!

Anyone else have any of the new SSV's? How are you liking them?

Brian

I'm still a slammer guy. Had battles but they pitted and the finish corroded so theSSVlooked as if it had the same finish so I went with 6 new slammers because they're proven. Looking forward to hear how these handle.

USCG Charter Captain
    Legend Tournament Center Console
    Angler Management Fishing Team (feat. Darcizzle)
    www.anglermanagementfishing.com
    Check out our YouTube Channel for videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1eQZyA4xOC43dcDF8GIh4Q

Yeah I really like the slammers, I own a couple. But the smallest one is too small for inshore reel. I am not a fan of a big 4000. I like it a bit smaller. So the spinfisher 3500 seemed like a good one to me.

I am not sure they can go wrong they combined two A+ reels(Slammer and SS) to create this new SSV. NTM I think the red seals are sweet. I can't tell you how many times I get saltwater on my reels.

I used them for the first time yesterday and was very impressed. Cast nice and reel smoothly.

If the finish deteriorates a tad I can live with it as long as the reel works well. Esp for the 119 each I paid for these guys!

Just my $.02

Yep I got a SSV 6500 it's beefy I use it as one of my jigging set ups.. Pulled up some nice fish with it. Not as smooth or light as my conquers, but for almost half the price and its sealed looks like a real good deal..