Shrimp Reports Winter '12-'13 - Page 5

Florida Sportsman

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thats a pretty good night i think. I plan on going to crook today for a replacement net.

Quote Originally Posted by posborn View Post
    I went out last night and tried my hand at it. I went to Crook and Crook and picked up a couple dip nets (the guys there are awesome - very knowledgeable). The tide change was at 6:45 so we anchored up in bear cut just at that time and at around 7 the run started was pretty thick.
    So is the incoming tide when the run is best? I am new to the area.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyediver View Post
    So is the incoming tide when the run is best? I am new to the area.
    I was getting them on the outgoing tide. I cant say for certain that's the way to do it since this was my first time but it seemed to work. All I know is that the run was hard for about an hour and then very sporadic after that.

When I was at Crook and Crook they had just received a shipment of nets so they're definitely in stock.

what does everyone think about tomorrow night for shrimping? not going to be alot of moon...

I went lastnight just cuase the tide was early and i wanted to check things out with no moon. 7 shrimp, mediums. in 4 hours. couple of drinks later and i cashed in the shrimp for 2 tarpons. back in early. hey, anyone else seen the intercontinental hotels new light display? pretty cool. The whole buildings face that u see from the water is like a screen but with light bars on every room. Scrolling Welcome to Miami, and ofcourse, what was really cool was while i was on with a tarpon the building is in the background and it now had a shadow of a hot girl dancing very nicely. Get out there and check it out. No shrimp yet. Not one commercial guy outhere. I was all alone. before and after this full moon coming they will run. Im sure of it. Well i really hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarponator73 View Post
    I went lastnight just cuase the tide was early and i wanted to check things out with no moon. 7 shrimp, mediums. in 4 hours. couple of drinks later and i cashed in the shrimp for 2 tarpons. back in early. hey, anyone else seen the intercontinental hotels new light display? pretty cool. The whole buildings face that u see from the water is like a screen but with light bars on every room. Scrolling Welcome to Miami, and ofcourse, what was really cool was while i was on with a tarpon the building is in the background and it now had a shadow of a hot girl dancing very nicely. Get out there and check it out. No shrimp yet. Not one commercial guy outhere. I was all alone. before and after this full moon coming they will run. Im sure of it. Well i really hope so.

Yeah that's pretty cool!

I see why no one is getting shrimp everyone
    is watching the building.

thats it!!! good one frank. did you catch anything?

I Didn't hear They were running good out there Jose so I didn't go. Probably go scouting around one of these nights see if There's anything though.. Itooooo!

Been following the thread trying to pick up some basics. I'm hoping to bring my 5yo son down to try a little shrimping. He really enjoys catching critters with a dip net around the sandbars, so I think he would really enjoy this. What ramps are recommended (safe for truck and family at night) and where would be a good place to start looking for shrimp? Not looking for anyone's "honey holes" just want him to be entertained and make some good memories.
    Thanks

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast