* Need Some Insight * (Father Visiting FL)

Florida Sportsman

* Need Some Insight * (Father Visiting FL)

My father will be visiting me Feb - End of March. He recently retired and wants to do some good fishing. I have been fishing lately, without much luck. Part of the problem is I haven't been getting bait. I really just need some insight as far as how I can make this trip memorable for him.

I figured the day's we can't make it offshore, our best bet would be live shrimp (free-lined) fishing the bridges and flats in Sarasota Bay. And the days we can go offshore, take some chum, pins, and cut bait for the bottom or even troll big lipped baits.

My bait strategy has been a pinfish trap, that sometimes fills and sometimes does not. I am wondering if I should invest in a net, but I really don't want to store one in the boat.

Any help or tips are greatly appreciated!

What kind of boat do you have, where do you fiah, and what type of fish do you want to target and catch.

^ I've got a 20ft CC, fish in Sarasota / Venice (for about the past 8 months), really target anything that is biting!

Sorry cant help much. I fish from boca south to pine island ovee to punta gorda thats my region i know.i

Quote Originally Posted by swaptrex View Post
    ^ I've got a 20ft CC, fish in Sarasota / Venice (for about the past 8 months), really target anything that is biting!
    If you look online you can find a map of all of the artificial reefs off of the Sarasota/Venice Area. I believe there is one, m15 that is in about 50' out Venice inlet. Shrimp, cut sardines, live pins will all serve you well for some action.

Heres a link to a site with some of the public locations.

http://www.sarasota-fla-fishing.com/Numbers.htm

Appreciate it so far guys!