who's really wants gun control? - Page 3

Florida Sportsman

View Poll Results: gun control yes or no

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes I want the federal government to limit firearms

    4 14.29%
  • Not really but I'm supporting my president

    0 0%
  • Im a lib There should in no change in the law

    3 10.71%
  • I'm a pub, what do you think!

    21 75.00%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 64
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    dwc
    Posts
    5,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky7Team2 View Post
    No, but limiting who can yes. Combining all databases to keep anyone with psychiatric issues from buying yes. Close the loophole allowing gun shows to sell to any howdy doody, yes. Is that gun control, I suppose. Is that banning guns, no. Somehow they were made on in the same.

    Being able to buy 50K rounds of ammo online anytime but i can't buy sudafed without ID is ludicrous.
    I think everyone but the administration believes this may help: Combining all databases to keep anyone with psychiatric issues

    Close the loophole allowing gun shows to sell to any howdy doody, yes. What about yard sales? What about giving a firearm as a present? Why can't you resell something you bought?

    Being able to buy 50K rounds of ammo online anytime. That may be a lot but what number would you put the limit at? My son and I can burn up a 1000 rounds in a day at the range. If you can get a good deal on buying something that you use, wouldn't you grab it up?
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,636
    you guys call me a liberal

    but I don't believe the government should put restrictions on what guns a mentally stable law abiding citizen should be able to buy.

    We have been there before and I really don't think the Assault Weapons ban reduced the murder rate.

    There is something wrong in a society that has as much of this gun violence has we do but I don't think it is guns or the access to them.

    maybe we should not have closed all of our mental hospitals and put the crazies on the streets

    maybe we should try putting more control on the violent video games and movies like we do pornography

    It is deeper than the gun issue but guns are the easy target. Ban the tool not the user.

    anyway the gun control that gets passed Congress won't amount to much more than a nuisance when you go to buy a gun. Much like now with all the papers you have to sign and a waiting period and background check. Obviously that ain't working.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    dwc
    Posts
    5,173
    Quote Originally Posted by rickc View Post
    you guys call me a liberal

    but I don't believe the government should put restrictions on what guns a mentally stable law abiding citizen should be able to buy.

    We have been there before and I really don't think the Assault Weapons ban reduced the murder rate.

    There is something wrong in a society that has as much of this gun violence has we do but I don't think it is guns or the access to them.

    maybe we should not have closed all of our mental hospitals and put the crazies on the streets

    maybe we should try putting more control on the violent video games and movies like we do pornography

    It is deeper than the gun issue but guns are the easy target. Ban the tool not the user.

    anyway the gun control that gets passed Congress won't amount to much more than a nuisance when you go to buy a gun. Much like now with all the papers you have to sign and a waiting period and background check. Obviously that ain't working.
    Thank you for an honest and thoughtful reply.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

  4. #24
    Senior Member capt bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Boca Raton
    Posts
    3,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan Sea View Post
    Those are gun control laws yes or no

    Ergo, gun owners support gun control. Kinda maked this thread a fail.

    Ah but it's a lib thing
    No they are not

    McDonald v. Chicago, 561 US 3025 (2010), is a landmark[1] decision of the Supreme Court of the United States that determined whether the Second Amendment applies to the individual states. The Court held that the right of an individual to "keep and bear arms" protected by the Second Amendment is incorporated by the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment and applies to the states. The decision cleared up the uncertainty left in the wake of District of Columbia v. Heller as to the scope of gun rights in regard to the states.

    This basically means states can put certain restrictions but cannot ban firearms. They can put in place magazine capacity and mental health checks...but then again that is up to the state, not the central government

    So before commenting on topics you know nothing about, do some research

  5. #25
    Senior Member capt bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Boca Raton
    Posts
    3,967
    Quote Originally Posted by ben17 View Post
    You are on an island, and people like you will only further the cause of those that really do want to limit access to firearms. Do you think that clown on Morgan's show helped or hurt your cause ?
    Well you know what, we have been on the defensive for years and its about damn time we stand up and say no. We are not going to take any compromise because there is none. We arent going to stand for the tyranny Obama and Biden are trying to pass, the NRA said it themself that their mission is their anti-2A agenda. The more we sit back and try to put on a political correctness act, the more of the upper hand the liberals get since they get away with everything...the media is on their side, its time to fight back

  6. #26
    Senior Member razorreilly09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Telluride
    Posts
    7,696
    Yesterday it was gay marriage, today it's gun control. I wonder what tomorrow will bring to deflect our attention from real issues in DC that are ultimately damaging the country.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    fort walton beach florida
    Posts
    936
    Quote Originally Posted by ben17 View Post
    Why would a "sportsman" be automatically against restrictions on guns not used for sport ?
    Some folks just aren't in a big rush to give up more rights, firearm or other rights. There are a few of us out here that don't feel the need to join the SOS crowd every time some human animal gets out of line. Giving more authority to people who have a proven track record of irresponsible and abusive behavior is not desirable. Nor is it logical, prudent or likely to promote safety to the greater good of all.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Plan Sea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by capt bill View Post
    No they are not

    McDonald v. Chicago, 561 US 3025 (2010), is a landmark[1] decision of the Supreme Court of the United States that determined whether the Second Amendment applies to the individual states. The Court held that the right of an individual to "keep and bear arms" protected by the Second Amendment is incorporated by the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment and applies to the states. The decision cleared up the uncertainty left in the wake of District of Columbia v. Heller as to the scope of gun rights in regard to the states.

    This basically means states can put certain restrictions but cannot ban firearms. They can put in place magazine capacity and mental health checks...but then again that is up to the state, not the central government

    So before commenting on topics you know nothing about, do some research
    Research? try reading comprehension on your part. This is about gun CONTROL not BANNING guns. Nothing I listed had anything to do with banning firearms, nice straw man.

    Try again.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,763
    Quote Originally Posted by capt bill View Post
    Well you know what, we have been on the defensive for years and its about damn time we stand up and say no. We are not going to take any compromise because there is none. We arent going to stand for the tyranny Obama and Biden are trying to pass, the NRA said it themself that their mission is their anti-2A agenda. The more we sit back and try to put on a political correctness act, the more of the upper hand the liberals get since they get away with everything...the media is on their side, its time to fight back
    The NRA does not represent you, and they are doing a hell of a job for their bosses.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Plan Sea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by razorreilly09 View Post
    Yesterday it was gay marriage, today it's gun control. I wonder what tomorrow will bring to deflect our attention from real issues in DC that are ultimately damaging the country.
    Obamas Binders full of Women isn't getting much traction over his cabinet selections.

    I'm looking for the Trillion dollar minted coin with Bohners face on it myself

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •