More guns, more of this. - Page 7

Florida Sportsman

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Quote Originally Posted by capt bill View Post
    Yeah cyc I respect your opinion but taxing ammo will only put a major damper on people who love the sport...it is not going to stop a thing..ammo has skyrocketed in prices as it is

But conservatives are all over user fees? This is a text book case for one. We pay users fees (disposal) for batteries, soda bottles, etc. Why not ammo. Makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by capt bill View Post
    And stricter ones end up killing more people...examples: washington DC and Chicago...I believe we are currently in a good state of equilibrium, to enact more would tip the scale and cause a chain reaction to the point where we would no longer be armed
    But not NYC?????

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclist View Post
    But not NYC?????
    Let me ask you this: if gun control works so well then why are the police in NYC still armed?
    The murder rate has been dropping at the same rate as before the ban even went into place! The ban had no effect on homicides. Since 2001, the crime rate has been dropping slowly and if anything his gun control policies have halted any progress in curbing crime. Again, another failed attempted at gun control...Bloomberg only disarmed the law abiding citizens and made them even bigger targets of sitting ducks

But conservatives are all over user fees? This is a text book case for one. We pay users fees (disposal) for batteries, soda bottles, etc. Why not ammo. Makes perfect sense.
    Its already taxed: firearms and ammunition excise tax

But not NYC?????
    Big fan of NYC 'stop and frisk' policy huh, not surprising.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Groucho Marx

Statistically I guess I am. I have a bunch of guns, no semi-autos and no handguns.

As I said in the other thread Peter, I am shocked at your position on 2A, as a gun owner. Given your position and that you are a gun owner, you are indeed a very rare bird, a very confused one, but a rare bird non the less.
    "I'm not a physicist." ~ ac2020

"It's a shame PACs cannot simply lie and get away with it." ~ SWFL

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567