Full Day Of Fishing! Peacock Bass/Snook 1/5/13

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Full Day Of Fishing! Peacock Bass/Snook 1/5/13

We had been planning a trip with a buddy of mine down south in Broward and he said he was free Saturday. We drove down to Broward to meet Adam from Reel Deal Adventures for some peacock bass action. It was cloudy, but he didn't seem worried. One of the first spots resulted in my 1st peacock and a nice largemouth on the Unfair Lures Stickminno. We checked a few other spots and saw fish, but none that were willing to bite. Finally spotted a pea that wanted to eat. Hooked up and drag coming out. A solid 3 to 4 pound fish. Next spot, Dad got back to back 3 pounders. Checked a few more spots with no luck. Fish weren't aggressive due to the little amount of sunlight we were getting. I pulled out another solid fish and then we finished the day catching smaller fish on the mighty might! Which is a 3ft rod with 4 pound line. Had a great time and Adam did a great job jumping from spot to spot to find the fish. Would highly recommend Reel Deal Adventures if you haven't caught a peacock and would like to!

Got home around 5 that evening, ate some dinner, and then decided it was time to go snook fishing. First Light Snook Jigs on one rod, Unfair Lures Stickminno on the other. First spot and Dad sticks a solid snook on the hawk! First slot fish of the night. Turns around and casts out the other side of the boat with the Stickminno and fish on again! This time on the 3000 reel. It got in the current and stripped some drag, but turns out to be a slightly under slot fish. Fished around for about an hour with no action so decided to hit a seawall that has been good in the past. Good call as Dad sticks another slot fish on the Stickminno! They were crushing it. Carefully land it and take some pics before a safe release. A few minutes later, I make a perfect cast by some structure and hook up. I had to be feet away from the structure. I do my best to pull the fish away, but got on some oysters and broke off. I'm sure I blew my only chance. Hit one spot on the way in, 2nd cast, slammed! Pull it up and it's another slot fish. This time on the flare hawk! Ended up with a pretty good night. Caught a few smaller snook on a dock light on the way in. Great day of fishing all around.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p1.jpg   p2.jpg   p3.jpg   p4.jpg   p5.jpg   p6.jpg   p7.jpg   p8.jpg   p9.jpg   p10.jpg   p11.jpg   p12.jpg   p13.jpg   a14a.jpg  
    Last edited by Joupdog1; 01-06-2013 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Added Pics

Great work as usual!
    USCG Licensed Captain
    Offshore & Bahamas Fishing Guide for Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.
    Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com
    http://www.palmbeachfishingcharters.biz/
    (I teach people how to catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
    e-money99@live.com

Nice work guys !!!

Nice report. Great way to get after them..

Those peacock bass are so cool, I've always wanted to catch one.

Nice job on the slot snook(s) as well.

Thanks guys! Definetely one to cross off the list

Sick report! Can you give me some details on the type of peacock fishing you guys were doing? Were you guys fishing from shore? Did you guys have to drive far to get to each spot or was it within walking distance? I may have to give this a try since my son has never caught a peacock bass and I have not caught one since I was his age (12 yrs old). How long was your trip down in back in total? I am assuming Adam is a guide with RDA? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kill N Time View Post
    Sick report! Can you give me some details on the type of peacock fishing you guys were doing? Were you guys fishing from shore? Did you guys have to drive far to get to each spot or was it within walking distance? I may have to give this a try since my son has never caught a peacock bass and I have not caught one since I was his age (12 yrs old). How long was your trip down in back in total? I am assuming Adam is a guide with RDA? Thanks
    We were fishing from shore with artificial's and live shiners. We drove from pond to pond, though some were within walking distance. Hour and a half there and hour and a half back so 3 hours total. Adam runs Real Deal Adventures, you can contact him through his Facebook page.

have tried for peacock yet. Nice job!

Thanks, It's worth the drive!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast