cliffs, ceilings, whatever... THIS is why this country is about to crash in on itself - Page 3

Florida Sportsman

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My mom weilded a nasty wooden spoon...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	entitlement.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	65918

same here foot.dad left us in 92,my son has watched me work ot and take call nearly year round(he was on a lot of calls with me),to make sure he did not want.At the same time he saw my ex bled her church dry and not hit a lick.He works and goes to school and hates to ask me for money for school.Told him that school money no problem,cause 1 day he will be changing my adult diaper!my neice and nephew dont quite get it,a little spoiled.my nephew saw me doing dishes at tgiving and said something to grandma,she told him i had been doing dishes the whole time and who did he think didem at my crib,since i am single.good thing is he wants 2 work when he turns 16.poor kid probaly heard about doing housework from hhi to savannah,and my bro goes the long way.

" In anything that you are going to pursue, find a mentor. Why reinvent the wheel if there is somebody that already knows and has lived and breathed that. The second thing, make yourself invaluable to that mentor. Do not just take, but figure out a way to help them out and to give."

Lesa Kennedy France

Quote Originally Posted by wishfishin View Post
    For the record, I know just as many college educated sorry asses as I do uneducated sorry asses.

Since I never went to college, at least I know I'm on an equal footing.
    " In anything that you are going to pursue, find a mentor. Why reinvent the wheel if there is somebody that already knows and has lived and breathed that. The second thing, make yourself invaluable to that mentor. Do not just take, but figure out a way to help them out and to give."

Lesa Kennedy France

Quote Originally Posted by ferris1248 View Post
    Since I never went to college, at least I know I'm on an equal footing.
    The education you got doesn't award diplomas.

Quote Originally Posted by ferris1248 View Post
    Read what Nat wrote. I'm not defending the deal anymore than he is but he's right.

If you don't know any better, you don't know. And if you don't know, how do you know what to ask?

It doesn't matter how much you look with your eyes. If you can't comprehend what you see, you won't know what you're looking at.
    I think the society in the wagon is more of a "Dumb like a Fox" Society, rather than I can't look at what people have and comprehend how to better ones self or get there. Most have mastered how to not lose govt benefits and have worked hard at mastering it . They know the programs, ways around regs, and when and how to duck the payback. I was picking up a police report for a customer when I over heard a woman cuzzing what I presume to be her daughter down for applying for a job. Said it would decrease her benefits... Kid looked around and saw a way to better but mom wanted the free $.

Every kid at the school a family friend teaches at has an iphone. This is not a iphone type school. The kids taught my friend how to go down to the Vzw store to get upgraded and on the "plan". Knowing the system inside and out...

This drug free to get benefits is a START...

my .02. It was cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by tapate View Post
    Most have mastered how to not lose govt benefits and have worked hard at mastering it . They know the programs, ways around regs, and when and how to duck the payback. .

They could definitely work in Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by wishfishin View Post
    For the record, I know just as many college educated sorry asses as I do uneducated sorry asses.
    That is true, I know one of the most book smart people on the planet UGA grad - his sorry *** lives in Albany and has done nothing with his adult life besides drink and drugs...his Grandfather left him $$$, he spent all that and now sucks off anything that will be stupid enough to give to him, most likley he just down to stealing...

now more like that too, most in Albany - the sorry acees who couldn't or would not get off the tit...adults now with nothing - refuse to work, etc I don't get and don't waste time on em

They is every where homie

Quote Originally Posted by Nat-Light View Post
    You strive to better yourself because you were most likely brought up in a two parent home, where your dad worked hard, and you lived in a neighborhood/community where that was the norm. Throughout your life, you have been afforded the opportunity to form relationships and/or interact with other successful people. You have been able to not only witness but also realize the benefits of working hard. What if you had grown up in the ghetto, you didn't know who your dad was, your mom was a crackhead who didn't care what you did, the people who were "making it" in your community were criminals, you had to worry about getting shot, etc? I agree that hard work is very important, but equally important is the environment in which you were raised. Most of us have been given a tremendous leg up compared to someone who was born into crime and poverty. The rags to riches stories are few and far between...they happen and people also win the powerball. I am by no means excusing or defending the multitudes of sorry asses in our country, I'm just pointing out that there are environmental factors which may make what appears to be a molehill to us, a mountain to others.

I agree with a lot but also disagree, all these kids and adults that are out breaking the law and gang banging know its wrong they just choose that life because thats what they were raised around and what their friends did, alot of bad choices, ignorance is not a excuse, there are always a exception to the rule and I understand that im not dumb but most are life style choices

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast