Is it just me ?? F/S Magazine
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is it just me ?? F/S Magazine

Or do others here miss the offshore forecast in the Southeast Section of F/S Magazine ? Now, I understand why the issues are getting skinny. But I don't understand why the Southeast Region forecast is all inshore reports ? What happened to the Swordfish reports for the Jupiter line ? As repetitive as they can be, the Sailfish reports are missing. The Cobia run is not mentioned.. Just inshore fishing, and this month 100% Pompano discussions. It's great for the northern inshore guys for sure, but I don't like reading the South report to get an idea of what is going on in the blue..

Hey Mods, can you pass on a request for some quality offshore forecasting in the SE region ?
    Thanks,
    Woodsie
    FS Forum member since February, 2002
    Throwing Money into the Marine Industry since 1981

Hey Woodsie, I've passed info on. Thanks for the suggestion.

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLi...view_as=public

Thank you, Sir.
    FS Forum member since February, 2002
    Throwing Money into the Marine Industry since 1981

I enjoyed the action spotter for 20yrs. My only real use is when going to other regions. It's not like it's even remotely live, it's last years or 10yrs ago info on what should be biting. Though it was where the hotties were pictured.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government. "

I have too seen the mag get skinnier and skinnier. I remember when the mag was over 125pages and had Hal as less advertisements. Very disappointed but that's why I joined the forum

Banned
    The rumor is Long is selling his boat because of a baby so the whole SE is going inshore/onshore.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptTater View Post
    I enjoyed the action spotter for 20yrs. My only real use is when going to other regions. It's not like it's even remotely live, it's last years or 10yrs ago info on what should be biting. Though it was where the hotties were pictured.
    True dat!

Quote Originally Posted by Tripleclean View Post
    The rumor is Long is selling his boat because of a baby so the whole SE is going inshore/onshore.
    Lol, thanks for making me feel like I am somebody.

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLi...view_as=public

Truthfully I prefer the Florida Sportfishing magazine much more now. And they don't just have more ads like some like to say.
    2007 31' Competition
    Yamaha 300HP 4-Stroke 4.2 liters
    Garmin and Furuno Electroincs

Appreciate the comments all, especially as I'm one of the guys writing the print reports! Given the proliferation of general fish report services (like this Forum!) we made an normal decision to focus more space and energy on detailed game plans in the Spotter. Each section has a 15-plus year veteran captain or professional journalist paid to give capsule local advice on a fishery that is either unique to the region, really hot that month, or just under-utilized. Not many other mags even make an effort to help the local guy (or visitor) with a how-to, where-to report for every region of the state that WILL put fish in the boat (or surf cart, etc.).

But we're always here listening and reading, and will definitely take your comments to heart. As an aside, the FS Fishing Planner and tide book contains complete 12 month summaries for all the regions.

And PS: those pompano mentioned in the current issue are running. Just got back from the beach with the guy who wrote the Spotter report...lots of folks out enjoying the nice weather and catching dinner on a few dollars worth of bait.

Thanks as always for being part of the FS family and Happy New Year to all.

Jeff@floridasportsman.com
    Jeff Weakley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast