Homosassa 1/5 Inshore W/Joe On The Rocks

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Homosassa 1/5 Inshore W/Joe On The Rocks

Joe and I haven't connected for a day fishing together for a few month's so when I found out he was going to be in town I figured it was time. Typically I would avoid the day a cold front passed through but if that's when we could fish then that's what we did. Joe arrived at 9 and off we went don river WHAT RIVER it was almost gone and still outgoing. The wind was blowing out of the east air temp was a chilly 45 degrees and the water temp was 58. W made a few casts infront of the river as I figured out how I was going to get my bay boat over the skinny stuff to get at the area I typically fish. I took a small trout there on a dine and Joe took a couple on a jerkshad. I told Joe to hang on to something and we hop up un plane. I did plot my course to that area on a similar low tide so I was confident we would make it. As we enterd thepass there was a bay boat sitting right in MY spot . TheLastPoleBender was tossing dines at the trout and we waved as i went by. We settled in and started to cast to all the likely areas (the ones that still had water over them.). No hits but as we entered the hecond half of our drift Joe noticed a fish milling around against the shore in a few inches of water. We started pounding the banks and a right away a nice trout hit my dine. From that point on we both started taking good slot trout up about 20". Joe pointed out a red on the move and i tossed a skinnydine to it and it chased and chased but wouldn't eat. We caught quite a few trout (maybe 25) about half were under slot and the others were solid mid to upper slot fish. We released every trout we caught. As always good things seem to happen when Joe and I fish together and this day was no exception. The water warmed up to 61 degrees with some warmer pockets and at predicted high tide the tide was still going out and continued to do so untill about 2 hours after when it stopped.The air temp headed up to about 70 and the east wind relented making for perfect weather to spend the day on the bay.

This place Rocks if yer a crabber

Junior Member TheLastPoleBender's Avatar
    Nice haul! I wasn't there long, already had wifey pooh asking me where I was when I saw you

It was a fun and much needed time on the water Kyle. I wouldn't call what we did getting stuck, that's just a normal gel coat compression while in the big bend. I wish I was able to fish those low tides for about a week straight. There is so much one can learn when it is that low, just so hard to retain it all from just a few times a year I get to see it that way.

You guys did great for that tide you had to deal with!

Nice report Kyle, moving in that skinny water can be nerve racking.

Way to make the best of poor weather. Nice trout Kyle
    Don't blink - they grow up fast

Just make sure the lower foot stayes in one piece....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways.

Way to go, overcoming poor weather.

Good to see the trout bite is fired up. WTG Kyle and Joe.

Man, you guys look "COLD". Good job on those low water trout.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast