juvie poons

Florida Sportsman

Thread: juvie poons

juvie poons

if anyone is looking for small tarpon action, the south patrick canals seem to be loaded with them.. hooked 6 on my lunch break.. only managed to land one.. it was close to ten pounds, definently not a biggun but fun nonetheless.. this particular canal was slap full of them.. hundreds at least.. i was fishing in a place called manatee reserve where i was working.. but i was also working around grand canal last week and saw a bunch of them.. seems like this area is hot right now.. no f'ing pic though.. i dont have a camera on my phone which is why i never post pics but one of the guys i was working with does and i said hey get your cam ready and i grabbed the leader to try to pull him up and he shook his head and SNAP.. gone.. would have made a sweet pic too, seeing as how i caught it on a RONCO POCKET FISHERMAN!! lol.. the first one i hooked was easily 20lbs but he took to the air instantly and threw the hook, since a footlong rod doesnt have much setting power.. but it was fun.. working there tomorrow as well and plan on bringing a respectable outfit with me.. :D

oh i forgot to add, they were hitting anything.. got hits on a midsize mirrodine, a pearl white slug, and a CAL rootbeer/char tail

Thanks For the report!