Couple of Monster Peacocks!!

Florida Sportsman

Couple of Monster Peacocks!!

Check out these monster peacocks we caught at our spot!!! Unfortunately we were not able to weigh them... hope you guys like it!!

Nice
    "You'll get your weather"

Nicely done! Looks like a pair (male/female) getting ready to mate...Did you find them on a bed or just blind casting? Male appeared to be a solid 4 to 5 lbs...I'd guestimate the female around 4...Whatever the weight, great looking pair of fish!

Quote Originally Posted by Reel-Deal View Post
    Nicely done! Looks like a pair (male/female) getting ready to mate...Did you find them on a bed or just blind casting? Male appeared to be a solid 4 to 5 lbs...I'd guestimate the female around 4...Whatever the weight, great looking pair of fish!
    Thanks!!!! They were not together, we caught them about 1 hr apart on a live stripped tilapia.

the size of that tilapia was quite large for bait, when I first saw that I was wtf?!?! but then noticed it was your bait, didnt know they could eat a tilapia that big, anyways very nice peacocks! haven't caught one that big since August 2012
    There's no such thing as too much bait!

Last spring I was catching peas on a 5" bluegill swimbait. Everyone seems to assume thay will only hit small baits.

Quote Originally Posted by flaswimbaiter View Post
    Last spring I was catching peas on a 5" bluegill swimbait. Everyone seems to assume thay will only hit small baits.
    If your talking about that big bluegill swimbait by storm lures, I have the same one, also a 3.5 inch bluegill swimbait by tsunami lures, caught a huge largemouth once with it
    There's no such thing as too much bait!

NICE!!!