Beach fishing Naples 12/29

Florida Sportsman

Beach fishing Naples 12/29

Went down to the beach this morning around 7:00. First throw of the cast net landed 9 pompano all around 9 in. Only found a few shiners, and could not get anything to bite, so I decided to try sand fleas. Fished around some rocks and landed 6 sheepshead at 10-11 in. Got 2 keeper sheepshead at 14in and 13in. On my last cast nabbed a 18 in black drum. Never got any of the pompano with the fleas, but they are definitely out there. Hope to try again tomorrow morning.

Hey Snook, Can you steer me in the right direction for finding structure or a dock etc where I can fish in the Naples area? I surfcast on Long Island and recently bought a small place in Naples and it seems fishing spots are limited . I understand fishermen dont like giving up specific spots but any help would be much appreiciated. I really dont like fishing the pier.
    Thanks
    Wader

The pier is nice but crowded at times. The beach there is awesome, and in the summer you can walk the beach and catch snook after snook just before a storm, when the baches are a little empty. I also have seen some people pompano jigging from the beach over there. Gotcha plugs should catch something on the pier... Good luck and let us know how you do... It is amazing down there!

I use to fish south of the pier on 32nd. There are some old pilings that go pretty far out. Have not fished down there in many years though

The pier is kind of fished out in my own personal opinion. I usually go to 32nd and make the walk down to the pass. Alot of good structure on the way down.
    Wader check your inbox. I sent you a PM.