Reck - Page 17
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Reck

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Snake View Post
    I talked to Mr Buddy several times over the years, in some pm's and all along this and another forum. And even though I never met him face to face, he was full of wisdom and spoke to me like we were long lost friends. He was a very good man.

He always had a good story, and he even laughed at himself for a lack of camera and picture postin' skills....but I always reminded him and everybody, that his story was the picture, I always envisioned the people he talked about, better than a picture ever could....

Over on the other forum, where we all went during some event....Reck continued his legend, and spent many a yarn over there. I'm into writing and spinning tales myself, and that is probably what drew me to ask Reck about how he got published and all...so I guess we were some kind of "father, son..kindred spirits".

Anyway over there along with mikeyv, and several others, we had this thing where we would all get together and write a forum story. This thing would go on for a while, like a series or something. Someone would start telling a tale, and each of us would just add a small paragraph at a time keeping the story rolling along. We all had different imaginations....and like always Ol Reck would add a love interest in there...always a beautiful southern belle, and she'd meet her prince....it was classic Reck. Then I'd come along and kill the prince...and ol Reck would say "dangit Snake you killed my main man"......we always had a good laugh about that, and he'd get ahead of me on those stories and try to make it where we couldn't get to the main character, and kill him.......that was the funnest part tryin' to get into Ol Reck's head.

So yes, like all of us, I write this with teary eyes, but also knowing that he has God's grace...know that Mr Buddy will go in peace and peace will be with him forever.

God Bless you Reck....

Steve
    Couldn't have said it better Steve, well done. That was lot's of fun writing the "stories" with Reck. I think he really enjoyed it as well. At least until you went to killing off all of the characters that is.
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."

:

Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214 View Post
    Reck God dammit, I am chokin back tears right now and I never got to shake your hand.
    I did. A week ago. I guess I'm the luckiest forum member. Reck and I spent last Saturday at Rusty-Butt's hunting club. In his condition, you'd think he would sleep during the trip. Not so; not a wink in nine hours of driving. Can you imagine the stories I heard? Engineer days in Albany, the forum and how much it means to us, growing up in Berlin, GA. (which we drove through), the stories that Snake referenced above, the NFL, CFB, hunting and fishing, drankin', Gary's bash, Rusty's bash, Hendley's cooking . . .
    And yes, we dissected each and every one of you young forum members.

I'm honored to have known him.
    http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/trmcinvale/th_sig22.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/big-bend/dp/1456453270

Regional Administrator Triple Threat 33T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Threat 33T View Post
    You know every once in a while you meet someone new and right off the bat you realize that there's something special about that person, something different, something that sets them apart from regular people. I don't really know how to describe it, they have a certain charisma that just radiates from them and kind of hypnotizes you. You could sit and listen to them talk and tell stories for hours on end and it wouldn't even matter what they were talking about and you would just want to hear more.

Well that's Ramblin Reck (Buddy) and Tom, better known as Magot around here. Two very special people. I'm so glad to have had the opportunity to finally meet you Tom and so glad I was able to see you again Buddy.

God bless both of you.

"Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."

Oh I almost forgot....OlReck always had a way of ending all his stories with the term "sayin' "

I used to always say just sayin'....but I stopped because I respected him that much, and one day he asked, and I told him the reason....and he said no you keep on sayin "just sayin" all you want, so coming from him that was the ultimate honor....

So most of the time when I write something or am trying to make a statement, I end it with "just sayin "...out of the ultimate respect for Mr Buddy....

Yall remember when he got into that bad wreck...and we all changed our avatars to the tybee lighthouse ??? I think that'd be a fancy send off, don't yall ??

just sayin..........

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Snake View Post
    Yall remember when he got into that bad wreck...and we all changed our avatars to the tybee lighthouse ??? I think that'd be a fancy send off, don't yall ??

just sayin..........
    Hmm. Tough choice between that one and the GT cheerleaders. You know he always had a way with the "wimmens".
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."

Islamorada Spring/Summer - Lauderdale Fall/Winter
    I like the lighthouse idea. Here's a tribute song that seems appropriate as well.

Rest in piece Reck.

I remember when I first found this place I'd read his stories of women that were so incredibly painted, I'll miss those stories!

A 'Reckless forum ain't gonna be near as much fun ...

And one last heart felt and sincere Bulldawg sentiment for Buddy .... TO HELL WITH GEORGIA TECH !!!!!!!

Banned
    I don't believe I've ever read so many thoughtful comments about a fellow Forum member. He sure deserves them, and I can only add that it was a personal pleasure meeting Buddy a couple of years ago, and a whole lot of fun jibber jabbering on here with him for the past ten years.

God Bless ya my friend.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast