Reck - Page 15
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Reck

RIP
    http://www.captain-nate.com/
    "If I had my life to live over again, there are some things Id do differently, but, oh yeah, Id still be a fisherman. No doubt about that."
    Thomas 'Blue' Fulford

Regional Administrator Triple Threat 33T's Avatar
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."

It was a cold January afternoon when Buddy and Olivia arrived at Sea Island. They came from different corners of the state to a Georgia Association of Realtors' convention, a black tie affair that attracted nearly six hundred participants. Buddy was divorced and Olivia was a widow. Olivia smiled as she watched Buddy flirt with the young lady at the ticket counter. Little did she know his attention would become focused on her later in the evening. Whether the meeting came by chance or by destiny, the two lonely souls needed "A Walk On The Beach".Soothing music by the band after dinner was an invitation to dance. The ballroom was packed. Buddy was in the hunt. He circled the room three times leaving no stone unturned. Near the end of the third lap, he was stopped dead in his tracks. There she sat, wearing a low-cut sequined blouse, and the baby blues and the smile and the silky blond hair sent tremors through his heart. "Her beauty radiated like a beacon from a lighthouse!" It would be their first dance of many over the next few years, and at one point they danced alone to cheers from the crowd.The courtship blossomed after that first meeting, but there were challenges. Olivia lived on Tybee Island and Buddy lived in Moultrie, some four and a half hours away. Buddy did most of the driving, of course, for the chase was on. Tybee became their playground with long walks on the beach, dinner parties and romantic sunsets.Share the intimacy, humor and trials of this true love story as it unfolds through their e-mails. Feel the warmth and passion of the relationship as two adults strive to give love a second chance.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.

Regional Administrator Triple Threat 33T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin' Reck View Post
    All through high school, and even earlier, I wanted to be a Civil Engineer. Build roads and bridges and dams and lakes and be outside with all that powerful equipment. I loved the roar of the deisels and the smell of the smoke.

I had the grades and applied to GT, and was accepted to study in their COOP program. I was all signed up and ready to go to Atlanta. My parents could not afford the ride. I was on my own. I never dreamt of the football thing.

I had football credentials, and the dawgs came calling. I even considered going there to study Veternary, but my heart was just not in it. I wanted to go to Tech.

A couple local fellows took an interest, and made some calls. One went straight to Bobby Dodd. He sent scouts to our Spring Game. On the first play of that game, I made a tackle for a three yard loss, whereupon, coach Dynamite Goodlow turned to my mother and said: "Your son just signed a contract!"

A scholarship is not a "free ride". Quite the contrary. You have to bust your *** against bigger and better athletes every day. It's sometimes difficult to forget the days beatings, then sit down and study Statics and Dynamics.

Yes, I played for Coach Dodd, and feel like I paid my dues. I also got the CE degree and built roads and bridges and lakes.

I love Georgia Tech and everthing about it's aura, including the skyline of Atlanta. Bobby Dodd hugged my momma, and I was okay with that.

Sayin.. Reck
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."

To the man with wonderful words of wisdom and great stories may the angles enjoy the stories as we have!
    It was a pleasure meeting you! God speed
    You don't know me but you want to be me!

A man who could move mountains, and with a few words could move us all. Bless you reck.

Reck I enjoyed your time you spent with us on FS

RIP Reck. I am so glad I got to meet Buddy at the last bash. He will be missed so much.

Sure will miss Ol' Reck hanging out on the boards. My condolences to the family.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast