Other SW FF forums?

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Other SW FF forums?

Hate to be a drag, but i'm wondering if there are other saltwater fly fishing forums where folks are hanging out these days. I took a break from here for a while when i was heavily into spey fishing, and now it seems to me (memory's a funny thing, though, so i am open to the idea that i'm wrong about this) that this place used to have a lot more traffic and a broader base than i've seen since my return. Have folks just moved to FB or their own blogs? Is there another good source for this sort of information that i haven't found yet?

This forum pretty much sucks now IMHO. It used to have more traffic and info, but now they broke it up into three sub forums??? I dont check it nearly as much now because of that and i think others are the same.

More importantly.... What kinda spey fishing are you doing up in La?

There's still a lot of guys here but funny thing is most of the activity is in pm's

I just re-registered after being on the old forum and gone awhile. It does seem to have died down a lot.

The world is full of opinions, some more valuable than others. Here is mine, which is quite-likely of very little value at all.

I think, in general, the health and beauty of a garden is a reflection of the Gardener. I haven't been a close follower of this forum, but I have checked it pretty regularly over the last year or two. It has become a dark an unkempt space, loaded with dangers. As I have mentioned elsewhere, I have found the moderator of this forum, 'Ol Dirty Caster, to be in the past remarkably unfit for the job. His suppression and editing of content is capricious, and driven more by his own ego and prejudices than by wisdom. He is hostile and over-bearing towards those who aren't in his clique of favorites. There is a lot of I-know-it-all, and if you disagree you are by definition ignorant. I hope with continued encouragement he will do a better job.

I hope it somehow turns around and become a positive place to visit for exchange of gossip, achievement, and information.

For now, it's like a bar with a nasty bartender. No one wants to hang out there, and so people go to places where they can relax, have fun, and enjoy themselves more easily.

Mark

grace finds goodness in everything ...

Not looking to criticize this forum, just asking if there are others out there that people are finding useful.

Kevin,
    Seeing that you are just across the state line, you can try these two forum websites based out of Texas that both have Fly Fishing sections;

www.2coolfishing.com
    www.texaskayakfisherman.com

Quote Originally Posted by sunflower View Post

The world is full of opinions, some more valuable than others. Here is mine, which is quite-likely of very little value at all.

No one wants to hang out there, and so people go to places where they can relax, have fun, and enjoy themselves more easily.

I don't think you're anyone I'd bother fishing with. I don't think your opinion has any value. I think you need a new place to play. Perhaps you should reread your signature and live by it.

I think your post is an uncalled for attack...

Have a nice day and go play somewhere else.

Most Respectfully

fltsfshr
    Last edited by fltsfshr; 07-17-2012 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Rum

Quote Originally Posted by fltsfshr View Post
    I don't think you're anyone I'd bother fishing with. I don't think your opinion has any value. I think you need a new place to play. Perhaps you should reread your signature and live by it.

I think your post is an uncalled for attack...

Have a nice day and go play somewhere else.

Most Respectfully

fltsfshr

I don't think Sunflower is really here to make freinds anyway. As long as his posts are directed at me they should be of little concern to the rest of the forum (don't feed the troll).

17 July 2012

Dear Fltsfshr,

I appreciate your advice, but that's not something I can do. Sometime all it takes for darkness to triumph is for men of good conscience to stand silently by. Not in my job description. Sometimes grace has to stand up for goodness or it will pass by. I certainly have no problem with you seeing the situation otherwise. Kevin wondered 10 days ago what the problem was, and I gave him my ideas on the subject. Feel free to offer yours. I agree that he shouldn't be regarded as having any part or share in my opinions.

I'm sorry to hear about the fishing invitation, I had sort of had my heart set on a day on the water with you ...

I'll leave the trolling for the local Trolls, I prefer to fly fish.

Mark

grace finds goodness in everything ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast